Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Love it when Nick Mason loses a drumstick at 4:41 grabs another and doesn't miss a beat! After Echoes this is my favourite song on the Live at Pompeii video/film.
I first heard the song on TOGWT and, on the strength of it, went and bought the Meddle album, one of my better choices. This live version is better than the one on the album though IMHO.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Love it when Nick Mason loses a drumstick at 4:41 grabs another and doesn't miss a beat! After Echoes this is my favourite song on the Live at Pompeii video/film.
I first heard the song on TOGWT and, on the strength of it, went and bought the Meddle album, one of my better choices. This live version is better than the one on the album though IMHO.

I was going to see Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets band but Covid knocked that on the head. I loved the early Floyd stuff which is what he mostly does :thumbsup:

I remember going around to a mate’s house after the pub to listen to his just purchased copy of Meddle, played very loud in his parents house in a small village. One of those “I remember where I was” moments.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Grimly ploughing my way through the horribly riveting SpaceSoap that is 'Away' on Netflix, just had to Shazam this truly beautiful chanson en francais that randomly popped out of nowhere in episode seven or eight that I'd almost certainly never have heard in my life otherwise. It really is gorgeous :love:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
While on my lunch time walk around the SANG in Shinfield I was sitting on a bench day dreaming when this song shuffled on my phone, and it just seemed perfect!

For those of you who do not know what a SANG is. It stands for Suitable Alternative Natural Green space. SANG is the name given to greenspace that is of a quality and type suitable to be used as mitigation to offset the impact of new development. There has been a lot of new housing where I live.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
A lovely song.
I've gone for no video as the choices were poor sound quality from concerts or Hugh looking deeply unhappy to be on Top of The Pops (understandably)
Oh Marc Riley played it this evening

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Well, I think with all the doom and gloom about these days, we're all in need of some 80's bonkers power ballads with accompanying OTT videos. I can't hear this track without thinking of the opening theme of Channel 4's American Football show back in the 80's,

"Four four four....... four four four"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here