Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
From when I was a kool kat.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Suspicious Minds - The Heptones

Such a good cover but this is one song that for me doesn’t quite spank the original

One of my favorite Elvis tracks

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Every year I forget to post a track by the amazing Sixth June on, er the sixth of June. This year I failed to forget. Lidija Andonov is from Belgrade. Lovely languid style and warm timbre.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You just reminded me of this one. Were you ever in a band?

Yep. When I was 15 in 1973 I did my first gig at the Clair Hall in Haywards Heath (just round the corner from former NSC's Alfredmizen's gaff). I was the singer. We were terrible. Covers of 'rock classics'. Roll over Beethoven. Bad Moon Rising. Brown Sugar. Later, the only song I managed to get the band to do that I liked (and it took a year) was Doctor Doctor by UFO. I did a few bits and bobs after that, culminating in a punk rock mess at a college site on Hortensia Road in Chelsea, in 1979. I have some talents but singing isn't really one of them.

My son however is a talented guitarist who has been in several bands, recoded a couple of CDs (private pressing) and even did a European tour and a punk festival with his last band, but sadly squabbling and events mean he's not done anything for several years now.

My old mate and neighbour, Bob, however has many a tale to tell of his time on the fringes of success. He was in one band, 'Bad to the Bone' that played larks in the park in Liverpool, coming on after Frankie Goes to Hollywood (who had to go on early due to overruns). Melody maker reported that a few people started to leave before Frankie completed their set (late), and then Bad to the Bone came on and saw off the stragglers :lolol:. Bob has shared a dressing room with Wilko Johnson (clouds of cocaine) and went fishing with Jeff Beck after supporting him somewhere in Devon, among many other highlights. I keep meaning to 'record an interview' with him, but you know how it is. :thumbsup:

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Anyone of a certain age probably heard this song so many times they wanted to scream and reach for the off button :smile:

BUT this is a live version that I don’t remember seeing before, even though I watched Live Aid from beginning to end. There may have been some substances taken over the many hours it lasted…and I may have gone for something sweet to eat, like a Mars bar or an Ice Cream whilst this was on…as it was so overplayed at the time so may have seemed to me a good time to take a short break :wink:

I enjoyed it very much this time around and it makes me wonder how this song would have been with the bands first choice of singer Stevie Marriott singing it, perfect for his voice!

I had also forgotten Phil Collins played drums on it!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here