Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where did the flags and banners go?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Cor you lot are sensitive, bit of crticism and you throw the toys out. Just sort it out and get behind the team, isn't that what Ultras are about, rather than some daft popularity/singing contest.

Richard Reynold's Haircut

grammatically poor
Oct 3, 2011
Peacehaven
I see it as realism rather than negativity. The trouble is, at the moment someone comes up with any old shit and calls it a song, then 6 of his mates tell him how great it is. after that anyone disagreeing is a moaner. I'm sure NSK could sing Humpty dumpty and some on here would defend it.
If anyone comes up with a decent Brighton song that everyone can sing, I'm pretty sure it will be welcomed by all.

can't stand the phrase, but, 'this'

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
I see it as realism rather than negativity. The trouble is, at the moment someone comes up with any old shit and calls it a song, then 6 of his mates tell him how great it is. after that anyone disagreeing is a moaner. I'm sure NSK could sing Humpty dumpty and some on here would defend it.
If anyone comes up with a decent Brighton song that everyone can sing, I'm pretty sure it will be welcomed by all.

to be honest if i thought Humpty Dumpty would be sung loud and proud by the whole stadium i'd be all for it.:D

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I'd love to see the Amex develop into a cauldron of continental colour and noise. But it'll never happen even though nsk are to their credit giving it a go. This is because Brighton is too small a club to have enough supporters who care enough along these lines. I mean it's nice when people come up and say like the flag etc but there's only a handful amongst 20k who have the inclination and means to create these things. Everyone else not bothered, it's a English thing really. Thats why anfield is the best we've got in the uk but even then it wouldn't beat a few 2nd division Greek club games never mind the San siros finest!! Like so many other things in the English game we sadly lack behind our continental cousins. Best in the world at moaning though. English fans are world cup winners in that respect!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Cor you lot are sensitive, bit of crticism and you throw the toys out. Just sort it out and get behind the team, isn't that what Ultras are about, rather than some daft popularity/singing contest.

Another one for the net? Any more want to jump in to be battered and fried later?

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Don't worry. But interestingly I know a lot of them have stopped reading NSC. Find it too depressing and abusive and i understand that view increasingly.

There's a Facebook instead I believe?

Whats the facebook link. And before you ask Im in the WSU and thought all the Banners were great really was weird not seeing them there.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
to be honest if i thought Humpty Dumpty would be sung loud and proud by the whole stadium i'd be all for it.:D

At least all the words would be known..........but can it be sung at the correct speed.........doubtful

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
So are the flags and banners coming back? It looked shite yseterday with nothing there. I like the Ultras, get behind the team sing and chant and we can all be called Ultras. I don't understand the attitude of some that are slagging them off. The Atmos was the worse I've seen yet and part of that was no flags. I love the KNIGHT one. Maybe we need a Gus and Bloom Flags!

So Are they coming back?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

Nice one Bruv, start it next monday against West Ham. I can't WAIT to hear it echoing around the Amex. It will be AWESOME!

:moo:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
We didn't bring them because so many people have complained about nsk creating songs, their views blocked by flags and the tag ultras means we're all hooligans....so thought we'd give this game a break and let everyone enjoy the grey concrete and no noise. Believe lots now moaning about this too; which proves you can't win. Ow and there are some right idiots out there. Too many to mention on here!

Is this also why NSK didn't sing through 3/4 of the Palace game?

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I for one think what nsk are trying to achieve is brilliant.
All those years we sat in sterile silence in Withdean being told to sit down & now people are trying to make Falmer a stadium with a decent atmo they get insulted, put down & derided.
I hope i can move my season ticket closer to that lot next season cos if i have to put up with the idiots behind me for another season, Singing the same shit songs that sounded shit when sung by a handfull of kids at withers next season i'll throw myself through the big screen.
One thing Palace fans have to be commended for is the way they've embraced the holmsdale fanatics. And i bet they had a lot of naysayers when they first started.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
All those years we sat in sterile silence in Withdean being told to sit down & now people are trying to make Falmer a stadium with a decent atmo they get insulted, put down & derided.
I hope i can move my season ticket closer to that lot next season cos if i have to put up with the idiots behind me for another season, Singing the same shit songs that sounded shit when sung by a handfull of kids at withers next season i'll throw myself through the big screen.
One thing Palace fans have to be commended for is the way they've embraced the holmsdale fanatics. And i bet they had a lot of naysayers when they first started.

The homesdale fanatics went through the same shit that we get for the first year

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

This!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
The guy who usually brings them down could not make the game.

Cheers for that, they were missed. What about making a Poyet and maybe a Bloom flag like the knight one?
How much is a flag like that?
Maybe you can ask for donations and we can get some more quality flags made.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here