Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
made up by agents, made up by him, what does it matter when its still such low signal to noise guff.
As I said, I'm not a fan, but I think it's important to know (or guess) how he operates.

I don't believe for a second that he conjures stories out of mid-air.

He blatently works with (good choice of words - Legal Ed) football agents.

As Brighton are a fair way down the foodchain (in global football terms) many stories are about our stars leaving rather than players joining - so, of course, most Albion fans hate him.

Meanwhile, fans of superclubs lap it up. 15 million subscribers. Madness really.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No one will have a direct quote from Bloom about how much we want for a player but Naylor has said in The Athletic we want at least £100m. That’s as close to actual evidence anyone is going to get when it comes to asking price for a player.
Yeah, but Naylor said in The Athletic that MAC would fetch around £70m a few weeks back.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As I said, I'm not a fan, but I think it's important to know (or guess) how he operates.

I don't believe for a second that he conjures stories out of mid-air.

He blatently works with (good choice of words - Legal Ed) football agents.

As Brighton are a fair way down the foodchain (in global football terms) many stories are about our stars leaving rather than players joining - so, of course, most Albion fans hate him.

Meanwhile, fans of superclubs lap it up. 15 million subscribers. Madness really.

He’s also loathed by fans of those clubs. Because they face months of x and y are signing for them, then it amounts to a hill of beans. I know what you mean, he’s not lying, but he’s played by agents to drum up faux competition or new contracts with a pay rise.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yeah, but Naylor said in The Athletic that MAC would fetch around £70m a few weeks back.
A few weeks back he probably would've. The reason he didn't is one of life's great mysteries, like the Marie Celeste and Rothwell. Like it or not, Liverpool have played a blinder!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
A few weeks back he probably would've. The reason he didn't is one of life's great mysteries, like the Marie Celeste and Rothwell. Like it or not, Liverpool have played a blinder!
Or more realistically, the club were cornered when Mac Snr informed them his son was going to ‘walk’ when the summer window opened last October. TB & team managed to get him to sign a contract rather than selling a player on the cheap in the January window (see Barnes to Burnley for £500k).

I suspect Liverpool were informed soon after the ‘buy out clause of £35m’ that isn’t a buy out clause was agreed. It seems Mac Snr always wanted his lad there eventually (the Scousers are big in SA) but at least we got a bit (lot) or money for him rather than nothing. Liverpool just sat back and did very little, the signing fell into their lap. They got lucky.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
He might like to get £120M, but he won't, whatever people with blue and white tinted spectacles are fantasising about. Chelsea won't (can't) pay that, nor will anybody else. I (and you and everybody else) don't know what was agreed when he was persuaded to sign his new contract. Hopefully it wasn't another Mac Allister type deal!
But surely the agreement would have included some kind of 'won't stand in your way' kind of arrangement - and demanding £120M woiuld be doing exactly that. The Albion are better than that.
We can be fairly sure it won't be another Mac Allister situation as Caicedo's agent has publicly said(in an interview) that there is no release clause in Caicedo's contract. I think it has previously been posted either on this thread or one of the other Caicedo threads.

In terms of standing in his way, if we believe Romano - and seeing as it seems to be fairly well accepted that he gets a lot of his info from the agents so maybe we can in this instance - then Caicedo thinks he has a 'pact' with the club that they will sell him if they receive a 'suitable' fee. What that suitable fee is is anyone's guess!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
He might like to get £120M, but he won't, whatever people with blue and white tinted spectacles are fantasising about. Chelsea won't (can't) pay that, nor will anybody else. I (and you and everybody else) don't know what was agreed when he was persuaded to sign his new contract. Hopefully it wasn't another Mac Allister type deal!
But surely the agreement would have included some kind of 'won't stand in your way' kind of arrangement - and demanding £120M woiuld be doing exactly that. The Albion are better than that.
Thats not standing in his way. Its getting true market worth for him, particularly as we got less than full value for Mac. He is 21 years old. One of the most coveted midfielders in the world, who can play in other positions. His stock will only continue to rise. Chelsea paid £105m for Enzo Fernandez and Caicedo is a better player.
How do you negotiate? By having a figure in mind and then pitching higher. Then you can come down and meet somewhere in the middle. If TB makes it known that he wants £100m, the likes of Arsenal and others are going to lowball around £80m. Starting at £120m gives you a chance of getting at least £105m and even possibly higher.
Why is Moises limiting his ambition to the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea? Another season with us, ripping up trees, high profile in Europe and who is to say who won't come calling....Real, Barca, PSG, City.....why jump ship now to that basket case in SW6 ( no European football and a serial underachieving mgr ) or N7 ( who will be in the Europa League after a brief flirtation with the big boys )

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Palhinha‘s 28 next month - £90m
Rice 24 - £100m
Caicedo 21 - sky’s the limit

West Ham and Fulham are inadvertently helping TB here.
Probably too much to hope for, but could this be the start of the rest of the PL clubs saying to the mega rich and entitled that we are not going to just roll over and let you poach our best players without a fight? The success of Brighton, Fulham, Brentford, West ham (Europa league), even Bournemouth who ended up mid table, is maybe giving the owners of the non 'big six' clubs thoughts about wanting to compete at a higher level than was perhaps thought possible a while back.
I can at least dream........

Last edited:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
If Romano is so bad and just makes stuff up, why do so many of you get your knickers in such a knot about him?!

You can just ignore him rather than obsessing about him constantly in EVERY transfer thread. He’s the most talked about person on this site, it’s wierd.

He's tool of the slime ball agents and has no qualms about putting information out there to unsettle a player or force their club to have to deal with it.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Headline figures of £35m let Liverpool show their fanbase and wider football that they can operate with flair and prudence in an overheated market. Brighton meanwhile demonstrate that they WILL walk the walk having talked the talk about not standing in a player’s way if the deal is right for the club. However, a raft of add ons/sell ons and the ‘agreement’ with Mac and his father remains private and Brighton get to dig in harder on other assets… know when to hold ‘em, know when to fold ‘em.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
He's tool of the slime ball agents and has no qualms about putting information out there to unsettle a player or force their club to have to deal with it.

Agents don't need to use a journalist to unsettle a player, they have direct access. And clubs are protected by contracts, so there is no forcing them to do anything.

Yes he is a resource used by agents, but let's not forget that the majority of an agents time is made up of trying to earn as much as they can their client.

The easiest way to do this is by getting improved contracts at the player's current club. It helps if at the time of those contract negotiations a story is leaked about Real Madrid being interested in that player. It gives the agent leverage in those negotiations regardless of the rumour's veracity. That's why so many rumours are bullshit and why so many improved contracts are announced just after a leaked story.

Secondly, the more a player is mentioned on platforms like twitter, Sky sports news and Talksport, the more his agent can demand from prospective partners in non football related commercial opportunities. It quite literally pays to have noise swirling around a player.

Players know the truth of what goes on between other clubs and their agents, regardless of Fabrizio's updates. So the only ones being unsettled by them are the fans.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Equador have now played their last game of the season.

Could see Chelsea try and force the issue now? Or not (hopefully)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If Romano is so bad and just makes stuff up, why do so many of you get your knickers in such a knot about him?!

You can just ignore him rather than obsessing about him constantly in EVERY transfer thread. He’s the most talked about person on this site, it’s wierd.
I don't – I just don't like the way him and his ilk operate :shrug:

The only place I really see him is here (and occasionally on Twitter). Pretty sure there are more talked-about people on here, TBH :lolol:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Kante has gone. They’ll come for Caicedo hard. We’ll hold out for fortunes.
Just read the report on the BBC site and this bit was quite telling:

'Chelsea co-sporting directors Laurence Stewart and Paul Winstanley said: "N'Golo's impact and influence during his time at Chelsea cannot be overstated.
"His tireless performances in midfield contributed to several trophy wins and has guaranteed him a place in the club's history. We wish him well as he embarks on the next chapter in his career."'

How needy do you have to be (or how big an ego do you need to have) for your name to be attached with someone else's for a quote? Not only does it look stupid, it (to me, anyway) makes a mockery of having two people doing the same job!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thats not standing in his way. Its getting true market worth for him,
Setting a price that nobody's going to pay is standing in his way! With our blue and white tinted spectacles we might think £120M is 'market value' - it isn't. And if we're stating a figure of £120M in the hope that we can come to an agreement for £100M, that is blue and white tinted thinking too! And never mind what Chelsea have spent on X and Y since Boehly came in - they've got a Sporting Director who knows what he's doing now (and I'm not referring to Lawrence Stewart!)
Why is Moises limiting his ambition to the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea? Another season with us, ripping up trees, high profile in Europe and who is to say who won't come calling....Real, Barca, PSG, City.....why jump ship now to that basket case in SW6 ( no European football and a serial underachieving mgr ) or N7 ( who will be in the Europa League after a brief flirtation with the big boys )
That is your way of thinking. Quite right, the logc is spot on - and it's my way of thinking too. But it is not the young PL footballer way of thinking. Trebling my wages NOW trumps everything (so turning down offers that do not match your inflated and unrealistic valuation is standing in my way!).

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Thats not standing in his way. Its getting true market worth for him, particularly as we got less than full value for Mac. He is 21 years old. One of the most coveted midfielders in the world, who can play in other positions. His stock will only continue to rise. Chelsea paid £105m for Enzo Fernandez and Caicedo is a better player.
How do you negotiate? By having a figure in mind and then pitching higher. Then you can come down and meet somewhere in the middle. If TB makes it known that he wants £100m, the likes of Arsenal and others are going to lowball around £80m. Starting at £120m gives you a chance of getting at least £105m and even possibly higher.
Must admit that I agree that he would probably benefit from 1 more season with us than that basket case that is Chelsea.

European football, an almost certain starter throughout the season, an improved contract, and still only 21.
Next year even more opportunities may open up for him, and at 22 next year he will still have a long career ahead of him (barring injuries).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here