Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which match will YOU be going to on NATIONAL FALMER DAY Saturday 6 March?

Jul 10, 2003
The Icknield Way
Lord Bracknell said:
I'd be interested to know whether Gillingham have responded officially to the Albion about this.

"Official" channels were open. To the best of my knowledge, it wasn't expected that supporters had to approach the league clubs.

Would it be impolite to ask who is actually co-ordinating this at FFA/The Albion? I'm happy with our arrangements at AFCW, but some appear to be, at least, a little uncertain about the arrangements. Perhaps a single designated representative for each match could be put in touch with the central co-ordinator (whoever he is) to keep abreast of arrangements in each case.

I'm sure those who haven't already volunteered will no longer be checking this thread so a little more pro-activeness to get more people to go wouln't come amiss. Once those who originally came forward are a little more sure of what is going on that will be easier to do.

At the moment, I feel sorry for RoyalAli. We need to get more support for him otherwise our presence at CP will be nonexistent.

These are just observations, I don't mean them as a criticism of all those who have been working so hard on it so far.

People who have put their names forward as volunteers to attend a game on 6 March should be receiving occasional PMs from me with details of developments.

If anyone has any particular concerns about "their" game, please PM me.

I was away from NSC for most of Friday, and won't be on NSC between 5pm and midnight on any day next week. So please be patient. I will, though, try to deal as quickly as possible with any problems that crop up.

Be assured that every league club playing at home next Saturday has already received a letter about National Falmer Day.

And I expect that RoyalAli will be perfectly safe working the Reading fans in the Arthur Waite Stand. If he fancies the Holmesdale Stand, he's "a better man than I, Gunga Din"

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i'm going to the brighton bears game , if i can get a ticket !

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Picked up my leaflets at Stockport today. Thanks to those who printed them & those who brougt them up in the coach.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I'm off to Zanzibar later today (well, tomorrow actually but we're leaving today). I've got "we want Falmer" printed on paper to get kids there to hold up at school for photos. Apart from that, no can do.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
I'm now available to go to a game on the 6th, along with crazy cornish gal. Can't go to far from Brighton as we need to be back around 7pm(ish). Where'd ya reckon Lord B?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bognor Regis v Kinstonian - looks like two to three cars of us going with the kids, anyone lese fancy going PM me.

Awaiting confirmation from BRFC that it is OK to leaflet.

If I get no response I'll assume OK.

gfconline

Feb 11, 2004
Pikeyville
Whoever is doing it at the Gillingham v Forest game, Email me and I'll give you a hand. My site's got good links with the club so if they say no to handing out leaflets I'll no longer give them 50%of the advertising revenue.

gfconline

Feb 11, 2004
Pikeyville
Being called a pikey used to *iss me off but Medway is full of em so you might aswell just laugh at it. Anyway there's nothing better than rubbing Millwall's noses in it.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Just got back from a frozen Lake District and a £87 bar bill ... was a good evening!

This was posted on the Berwick Rangers website, had quite a lot of good vibes though quite clearly they have NOT got the full message (hopefully we will address that next saturday)

Fans of Brighton and Hove Albion will be at Shielfield on Saturday handing out leaflets. It's all in support of "National Falmer Day" - a campaign to harness nationwide support in their bid for a new Community Stadium at Falmer. Groups of Albion fans will be attending matches right across the country explaning to anyone who'll listen exactly what their plight is. In a nutshell it seems that their present home is a 7,000 capacity athletics stadium but they wish to move to a new bigger capacity stadium at Falmer. Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott has the final say on whether planning permission will be granted or not and at the moment he doesn't fancy the idea.

The guys will have Brighton's blue and white strips on so you'll not miss them. Ask them about celery and Crystal Palace too maybe?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Right.

That's me sussed and sorted for West Ham v Walsall. I am going with Seagull73 (that's my bro), plus one more, and I notice Finchley Seagull will be going.

Haven't bought my tickets yet, but I can't believe West Ham v Walsall will sell out - even if Zamora is currently playing well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here