Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who should be the opponants for the first game at Falmer?

Who should be the opponants for the first game at Falmer?

• Crystal Palace

Votes: 42 18.5%
  • Manchester United

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • Real Madrid

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • Doncaster Rovers

Votes: 119 52.4%
  • Tottenham Hotspur (provided Bob's still there)

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • England

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 33 14.5%

• Total voters

wahoo

Banned
Oct 11, 2007
the albion stuffed city last year at withdean , so to play a friendly against them , hmm not sure

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
there's no way it should be palace. there's nothing more likely to put a downer on the opening game than losing to them. i think we want much more of a fans united atmos.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
The first game at Falmer will almost certainly be a ramp up event. So, do we want a big club to be the first game at Falmer, or do we want a big club to be the first full capacity game at Falmer?

Man City will do for me. Not Palace, if they beat us in the first game at ur new stadium, it will haunt us forever.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
there's no way it should be palace. there's nothing more likely to put a downer on the opening game than losing to them. i think we want much more of a fans united atmos.

I was thinking along the same lines-maybe it should be Hartlepool because without those 5 goals it's unlikely that we'd be needing Falmer now.

And we definitely need the FULL version of Sussex By The Sea, with vocals and played by the Royal Sussex Regiment (or whatever it has become these days). No short version on a CD please.

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Not a big team.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
QUOTE=New Carpet?;3410712]Fans United 2 in 97/98 season at Priestfield - supporters of both clubs struck up a rapport and joined up in protest against the mismanagement of both clubs by Archer and Donny's equivalent, Ken Richardson.

It MUST be Doncaster as our first opponents at Falmer, even if they turn out to be playing in the same league as us that season.

It'll be great advert to show the sporting world how far both clubs have come since those dark days, and how "fans united will never be defeated."[/QUOTE]

You've won me over to the Donny camp.[

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I love the Donny idea, but what about hereford as a ramp up event or is that a bit like rubbing their noses in it? "oh look at our new stadium and your still playing next to a cattle market!"

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Donny & ourselves were both royally shafted by crooks yet our clubs have survived, gone backwards to go forward and now find themselves (or soon to be) in new grounds and playing at a much higher level.

both clubs live today as a testement to the fans who fought so hard for survival and the sets of fans therefore have a common bond and mutual respect.

It would be great to have Donny down as a 'ramp up' event and invite those fans down especially those who saw our last game at the Goldstone. It'll also send out a message of hope to all those other clubs going through hard times and 2 fingers up to the football authorities who just couldn't care less.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here