Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why aren't the mods doing their job?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
1. Plenty worse? Go on then, point them out.
2. The post being moved only showed that they could move it when a complaint was made.
3. Quite.
4. I think it is you that needs to look up 'rhetorical'. How can a question that asks for clarification be rhetorical? And if you are so bent up by the fact this thread is continuing, why do you keep coming back and posting on it?

4. well its passes the time. especially at work.

So please explain to me what the purpose of using the letters NSFW is? Thanks.

There's a massive difference between opening a thread that has huge dodgy images on it that can be seen by the whole office, and leaving the front page on your screen where someone has to actively come over and read it for you to be caught out. I know you're not so stupid that you don't get this.

BTW, seeing as you're complaining that the mods aren't doing their jobs properly why did you feel the need to post this from a different account to the one you normally use? Surely that's against the rules too.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We've all got our opinions on this thread and whilst I am not impressed by the way the OP dealt with this, I do get the impression that most of us are sympathetic towards his point about the thread titles.

Being constructive, would it be fair to suggest that swear words and distasteful subjects were somewhat sanitised in the thread titles, and add it to the 4 golden rules of this board?

If we don't decide one way or the other, it seems this thread has been a waste of time really.

Although there is still time to get in on the WITCHHUNT to reveal the OP. My money is on danny seagull. :jester:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
1. Plenty worse? Go on then, point them out.

well, today we've had "cock" twice, a "Fanni", a "Clunge" and "Wes Brown" visable on the board today. surely just as offensive as "stinky fanny" if not more. Where's the outrage? where are the mods?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Solution - put a big disclaimer on the front page saying that if you are stupid enough to surf at work, using their equipment, whether you are on a lunch break or not, then use some common sense and either make sure you are not caught or you can minimise it.

Failing that - f*** off.

Oh yes - surely having two accounts is a bannable offence, and as the OP admitted to that earlier on, he should be banned? Which solves his problem about having offensive words on his work computer!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
"Oh yes - surely having two accounts is a bannable offence, "

Nope, trolls are welcome here as long as they are mates with bozza or the mods. Dont ever expect an even handed approach to this.:glare:

Poyet Laureate

Nov 17, 2009
Oh yes - surely having two accounts is a bannable offence, and as the OP admitted to that earlier on, he should be banned? Which solves his problem about having offensive words on his work computer!

So that's alright then, I don't have two accounts.

I have three.

But then if the rules were being applied, there wouldn't be many of us left on here and we'd all need multiple accounts to make the board look popular.

If you've forgotten, these are the rules as agreed to by everyone when they registered:

"By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."

Considering that, my request for people to be respectful in their thread titles seems fairly mild, don't you think?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Even Bozza has more than one account!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
:rolleyes:

Its NSC, not the UN.

Jesus. If I EVER get to the stage where I am wound up to PL levels by the contents of an internet messageboard, I want someone to shoot me in the face, then drag my still twitching carcass onto the steps of Hove Town Hall, with a sign around my neck saying "I LAY HERE DEAD BECAUSE I HAVE NO CONCEPT ABOUT WHAT I SHOULD REALLY GIVE A RATS ARSE ABOUT IN LIFE".

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford

I have three.

But then if the rules were being applied, there wouldn't be many of us left on here and we'd all need multiple accounts to make the board look popular.

If you've forgotten, these are the rules as agreed to by everyone when they registered:

"By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."

Considering that, my request for people to be respectful in their thread titles seems fairly mild, don't you think?

So you break the rules you choose to break and complain about the ones that other people break? It's simple, it's the internet. If you don't like it, then don't use this site at work, or if you do, protect your own back. Who decides on what constitutes "vulgar" anyway? Or is this just your way of trying to become a Mod?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

I have three.

FFS.....!!!

Were you a Grimsby fishermans wife in your former life.....?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
"Oh yes - surely having two accounts is a bannable offence, "

Nope, trolls are welcome here as long as they are mates with bozza or the mods. Dont ever expect an even handed approach to this.:glare:

Right, you have had your fun. Mod baiting is one thing but you are beginning to overdo it.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Right, you have had your fun. Mod baiting is one thing but you are beginning to overdo it.

Eh? Overdoing what?

christ almighty your a nutter.???

Ive seen accounts selectivley outed on here by mods, its either right or wrong. How is this over doing it?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Eh? Overdoing what?

christ almighty your a nutter.???

Ive seen accounts selectivley outed on here by mods, its either right or wrong. How is this over doing it?

Your constant digs at the way NSC is moderated are becoming boring. If you don't like it, don't come here.

As I believe Bozza explained, duplicate accounts in themselves aren't a problem. They only become a problem when used to post stuff that wouldn't be posted under someone's primary account.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
They only become a problem when used to post stuff that wouldn't be posted under someone's primary account.

for what other purpose would you require more than one account here then?

I'll help you here as I can think of 2 that are narrowly defined. A charity account like REMF or one spoofing palace. These are as rare as hens teeth so hardly a valid defense and stretching it a bit as you could do the former with one accpount and the latter could be seen as trolling.

Can you think of any other valid reason?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here