Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why Would Anyone Want To Be A Lorry Driver?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Have to say I wouldn't and couldn't do the job....driving is getting way too stressful nowadays so doing it for a living?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I always thought a lorry driver would be a good job if you can handle the hours and don't miond being away for a few nights at a time?

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Well it's an easy job innit. Change gear, change gear, change gear, check mirror, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear.

You've obviously got a girl's lorry, as mine has a 56 speed box with overdrive on the top 24 my friend ;)

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Why Do You Type With Every Word Capitalised. Just Asking Lyke.

Psssst, if you type all of your post IN CAPS the board automatically changes it to lower case except for the first letter of every word.

My guess is that Bars doesn't know how to turn his Caps Lock off

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Long time no post Bars. How are you?

I've Been Better To Be Honest. I Lost My Job Because I Was Caught Having A Crafty Hand Shandy Into A Pret Crayfish Salad Roll At Lunchtime Last Month. Mind You If You Keep The Wrapper On And Moisten The Bread It Makes For A Satisfying Chuck. And You Can Eat The Evidence After. Unfortunately I Chose To Do It In The Car Park And Was Caught On CCTV

Might Try And Retrain As Jade Goody's Hairdresser. The Hours Have Got To Be Good.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
the lorry driver who repeatedly rammed me in the inside lane just north of Birmingham the other day because I was only doing 70mph was clearly enjoying himself
I had some twat try and do that to me in the variable speed limit part of the M3. I was doing 50 which was the limit and he first got right on my bumper, then he slowed down and had run ups at me. He didn't actually touch me at any point, but it's still not good looking in your mirror and only seeing a lorry's engine grill.
The amout of snarl ups I see caused by a lorry overtaking another lorry but only going 1mph quicker is ridiculous.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
You do realise that I was just lifting Clarksons quote, don't you?

It hadn't escaped me, and I'm sure you are aware that a 56 speed box with overdrive on the top 24 is a figment of my technologically challenged noggin :shrug:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It hadn't escaped me, and I'm sure you are aware that a 56 speed box with overdrive on the top 24 is a figment of my technologically challenged noggin :shrug:

:laugh:

No, didn't have the foggiest.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
The Hours Are Shit, The Pay Is Crap, Listening To The Same Shit On The Radio Can Make You Suicidal. You Have To Deal With Tossers In BMWs On The Motorways And Raping Prostitutes Is Too Much Like Hard Work Trying To Avoid Capture Nowadays To Be Fun.

Are There Any Perks To The Job?

There is a fatal flaw in your argument;

Motorways have 3 lanes

Lorries cannot go in the fast lane

BMW's only go in the fast lane

Therefore Lorries do NOT have to deal with BMW's on motorways.

As a BMW driver I know this is a FACT:salute:

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
There is a fatal flaw in your argument;

Motorways have 3 lanes

Lorries cannot go in the fast lane

BMW's only go in the fast lane

Therefore Lorries do NOT have to deal with BMW's on motorways.

As a BMW driver I know this is a FACT:salute:

Possibly a flaw in your argument:

Lorries cannot LEGALLY go in the fast lane :laugh:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Why Do You Type With Every Word Capitalised. Just Asking Lyke.

because he is a twat.

and if a lorry (or anything) hits me on the road i'd on the dog and bone to the bill and stop right in front of them to get their insurance details.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Another f***ing Bully Rears His Pig Ugly Head. I'm Not So Twattish That You Felt The Urge To Open My Thread Though. Hypocritical Wanker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here