Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why would anyone want to watch Southampton vs Brighton live on SKY?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Apart from Southampton and Brighton fans who can't / don't want to go to the game itself, what possible reason could there be for a follower of neither Club to sit down at 4:30pm on Sunday and say, "Right, I'm going to spend the next 2 hours watching Southampton vs Brighton!"

:shrug:

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Depends what other football on at that time.I suppose.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Well, a few people on here watched Huddersfield vs Wycombe today, if theres nothing else on people will watch it!

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Sky will be delighted about Poyet's arrival, I'm sure he will bring in a few more neutrals.

I'd imagine Gus has a few fans in his own right, Chelsea fans, Tottenham fans & half of Uruguay will have an interest as well as followers of other league 1 teams who will want to see "The Gus Effect"

I think Gus will actually increse our fan base as he has a way about him that draws people so I'd like to think we will be picking up a few peoples 2nd team support.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
But isn't this true of almost 80% of live games including the Premier League? Unless you're a fan of the teams involved, why would you want to waste your life watching any of the following Premier League games:

Everton v Bolton
Wigan v Sunderland
West Ham v Burnley
Blackburn v Stoke
Hull v Wolves

And every combination of the above clubs (e.g. Burnley v Wolves, Wigan v Bolton etc.)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
But isn't this true of almost 80% of live games including the Premier League? Unless you're a fan of the teams involved, why would you want to waste your life watching any of the following Premier League games:

Everton v Bolton
Wigan v Sunderland
West Ham v Burnley
Blackburn v Stoke
Hull v Wolves

And every combination of the above clubs (e.g. Burnley v Wolves, Wigan v Bolton etc.)

Thats true to a certain point, Most of those games will affect the teams going down at the end of the season, i guess it depends when they are played

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
Apart from Southampton and Brighton fans who can't / don't want to go to the game itself, what possible reason could there be for a follower of neither Club to sit down at 4:30pm on Sunday and say, "Right, I'm going to spend the next 2 hours watching Southampton vs Brighton!"

:shrug:

Because it's non premiership tat.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
The Poyet factor will interest quite a few I'm sure.

Besides, they have to stick us on Sky at some point. Probably couldn't have picked a better game to show (so far this season, anyway).

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Outside of the top few Premiership teams, you could say "why does anyone want to watch x vs y" about any game of football on the telly.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
What a ridiculous thing to say, many of the better games are lower league games, in fact a lot of good lives games last year came from Setanta and their Blue Square Premier matches!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here