Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst Pub

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I'm interested to know where you think is worse. I do agree it's not the worst, but curious to find out what YOU think is lol

My own vote for worst pub in Tunbridge Wells has to go to either The Swan or the Sussex Arms. Terrible places at the wrong end of town. I also save a bit of loathing for TN4.

Robin Hood, Sir Alf Ramsey are two I can think of off the top of my head.

The old Kentish Yeoman was shocking, think it's a bit better now though.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Robin Hood, Sir Alf Ramsey are two I can think of off the top of my head.

The old Kentish Yeoman was shocking, think it's a bit better now though.

oooh shit forgot about those ones!! Well played sir, well played indeed :D

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
I was in the Kelsey one saturday night during the 1998 world cup final and a bloke threw a pool cue like a spear and it went straight through the window and left a hole, didnt crack the window at all. Never seen anything like it before.

Where is the swan in tun wells please?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Anybody remember the Burrells in Shoreham next to the station. Its now a nice Italian restaurant but back in the day it was common knowledge that you had to wipe your feet on the way out. In the end they could only sell cans of Fosters.
f8146382beac795a5ca0506ec15daadf.jpg

Me! Used to drink in there before Albion matches at the Goldstone. I lived in Portslade and my mates lived in Worthing so we met halfway. Always had a pint of draft rather than a can though so must have gone downhill after me and my classy mates started drinking in Brighton instead!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I was in the Kelsey one saturday night during the 1998 world cup final and a bloke threw a pool cue like a spear and it went straight through the window and left a hole, didnt crack the window at all. Never seen anything like it before.

Where is the swan in tun wells please?

That reminds me, was in The Downsview(?) opposite West Worthing station many years ago when a pool ball fizzed over my head at tremendous speed, missed it's intended victim, smashed in to the wall and bounced back across the bar. No-one batted an eyelid.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Oh the hotel bar? Cheers have trying to picture a pub. Its not all that bad in there is it?

The Forresters on Camden Road used to be a bit of a scumhole.

I think anything on Camden Road could have been considered a few years back, that said, on my recent return home they do a fantastic drop in the Crystal Palace now it's reopened. The Black Horse is a shit pub, purely on the basis that the brewery is Sick and Scream. Revolting!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The Mitre......you must know all the lads that play for Ramsfield on a Sunday morning.......

I wouldn't say all. They used to come in after the game on a Sunday and have the usual sandwiches etc and then again during the week after training. But only a couple of them used it regularly. Going back five years or so now though. A lot has changed in that time.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
I think anything on Camden Road could have been considered a few years back, that said, on my recent return home they do a fantastic drop in the Crystal Palace now it's reopened. The Black Horse is a shit pub, purely on the basis that the brewery is Sick and Scream. Revolting!

Never been in either. The chip shop next to the Black Horse used to (still does?) do battered mars and snickers bars though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here