Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wtf is wrong with people

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
... I don't go out of my way to kill them either. And i think people that do are pathetic, sad and moronic individuals even m brother who loves to kill fluffy things.

but, and this is key here, i dont believe anyone has in this little story. who has made this assumption? at worse we have a maybe/maybe not avoidable accident. not deliberate and malicious intent to kill as some seem to have gone off on.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
but, and this is key here, i dont believe anyone has in this little story. who has made this assumption? at worse we have a maybe/maybe not avoidable accident. not deliberate and malicious intent to kill as some seem to have gone off on.

Fair point about the OP. However we have had a few ideas of laced breadcrumbs and air rifles rearing their ugly heads, and this is what I find repugnant.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
Biggest reply I've ever had to a post. Well I love birds (lost my African grey in January) and will continue to feed them and it's on my driveway not the road,this one just went to get somthing someone else threw in the road..

then you will continue to be the cause of death for other birds by bringing them into a dangerous envionment, would you feed a bird in front of an archery target that was in use for a competition. If not then dont feed then in towns (another dangerous place ) if you want to feed gulls go to clifftops (the birds natural environment) and feed them. But then that would require effort on your part

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
What a laugh. Actually it is human beings who are the biggest vermin on this planet, they have raped the planet, the land and the seas and polluted the f*** out of it and wiped out hundreds of thousands of entire species in the last 100 years that have been here a long time before we were and built big f*** off roads and polluting cars in the midst of the seagulls territory but it is the bird that is the pest. I reckon you have got that one around the wrong way. Maybe if I see you in the middle of the road walking a bit slow I will just run you over. I would LOVE the chance. Have a good day.

Way to go Uncle. Can I join YOUR band?

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
What a laugh. Actually it is human beings who are the biggest vermin on this planet, they have raped the planet, the land and the seas and polluted the f*** out of it and wiped out hundreds of thousands of entire species in the last 100 years that have been here a long time before we were and built big f*** off roads and polluting cars in the midst of the seagulls territory but it is the bird that is the pest. I reckon you have got that one around the wrong way. Maybe if I see you in the middle of the road walking a bit slow I will just run you over. I would LOVE the chance. Have a good day.

so killing animals is wrong but killing humans is ok (grow up uncle)
oh and its advisable to get a rod and reel if your gona go:fishing: and i asume killing fish is ok as well since you seem to spend half your life fishing on this board

Last edited:

Spiritualised

Jul 30, 2010
Had seagulls nesting on our dorma flat roof. They were a horror for noise and screeching, but the worst was that they seemed to keep on stamping their feet! madness - some sort of lionel blair gene must have crossed species.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was driving down the road the other day and a seagull, massive bloody thing just stood there. I slowed down a little to give it chance to fly away, but it was standing it's ground like hitony and his opinions!
What else could I do, poor thing!

Er ?

Dec 29, 2011
Mack: You know what you're supposed to do if you're driving and a deer jumps in front of your car?
Audience Member: Run it over!
Mack: "Run it over" is the correct answer. That's what you're supposed to do. I was taking my driving test, and a deer did run out into the middle of the road. And I kept driving. Then I looked back. I'd missed it by millimetres. And, well, I didn't want to fail my driving test...I chased the bloody thing through fields for an hour, and the examiner still failed me!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
so killing animals is wrong but killing humans is ok (grow up uncle)
oh and its advisable to get a rod and reel if your gona go:fishing: and i asume killing fish is ok as well since you seem to spend half your life fishing on this board

see above as to the way the thread was going.

classic binfest. so because someone saw a seagul being hit by a car, the driver must have been deliberate, cue lots of indignation of cruelty. i hit a flock of geese once, flew into my car nothing i could do about it, what a cruel bastard i must be.

I like pretty much all animals except GEESE. I f***ing hate GEESE. If GEESE could take over the world they would do so with brutal efficiency and hideous cruelty. We must never let them arm themselves. Some people think foie gras is cruel but that is nothing compared to what the GEESE have in store for us in their evil twisted minds.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I was walking into town a few years ago when a seagull was hit by a car. I only realised what happened when the seagull's heart and then the seagull itself landed in front of me. Seems the force of the blow had blasted it's heart up and out of it's mouth (plus some other bits). When it landed in front of me the heart seemed to still be beating. Very wierd experience. Sounds odd but that is a true story!

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
classic binfest. so because someone saw a seagul being hit by a car, the driver must have been deliberate, cue lots of indignation of cruelty. i hit a flock of geese once, flew into my car nothing i could do about it, what a cruel bastard i must be.

Agree. When i was 11 or so my dad was driving and a dog ran out in front of him and he didn't flinch he just ran it over. I was horrified and thought my dad was a complete w@nker. Only later did my brother point out that my dad had v little time to react and we were on a narrow country road and a lorry was in the other lane coming towards us. ....... Dad didn't brake, slow down or even stop afterwards. The dogs owner didn't have it on a lead so it was their fault. However if we had stopped then i'm sure they would have gone mental at us. Never forgotten it.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
AThe dogs owner didn't have it on a lead so it was their fault. However if we had stopped then i'm sure they would have gone mental at us

You're legally obliged to stop and report it if you run a dog over.

Also cows, horses, donkeys, mules, pigs, goats or sheep. But not cats.

Never yet heard anyone report running a mule over, so obviously people aren't adhering to these laws :angry:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
there natural environment is actual the cliffs. we create similar looking environment which they colonise - fair enough. but feeding them, to encourage them into our envirnoment, then getting upset when it doesnt work out too well for them, is a bit daft. i wonder if all the pro-seagull posters would be happy to put out some rotting meat for the flies, or some loose grain for mice and rats? after all, we've built all over their environment.

you obviously were not around in the 80's when some pedantic twat at Brighton council decided to bung up all the seagulls nesting hole in the cliffs then some years later (after the said gulls decided to nest on my house among others and feed from my black bags and evetybody elses) opened up the nesting holes when it was to late.
Brighton council should be looking after the gulls for cleaning up after all the drunks that leave their burgers and kebabs on the streets at night

they are tamping the ground to bring up worms and disturb insects to eat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here