Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Yet another Amex food complaint

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
(service = plonking foodthing in a small puddle of lager)
This sums up the food service at the Amex like nothing else possibly could, the last time I was there I bought a match day guide at the Sodexo kiosk, had to ask for a new clean one after it was put on the beer soaked puddle, do they not have any cloths?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
This sums up the food service at the Amex like nothing else possibly could, the last time I was there I bought a match day guide at the Sodexo kiosk, had to ask for a new clean one after it was put on the beer soaked puddle, do they not have any cloths?
A “match day guide”? Ffs🤣

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My problem isn't that they're vegan, it's that they're dark chocolate. I defy anyone to be able to tell the difference between a vegan dark chocolate KitKat and an regular dark chocolate KitKat.
It is exactly the same with respect to cow's milk and cat's milk.

What?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They are good but incredibly over-priced - even for a football ground. Same sausage rolls (and pies) were a couple of quid cheaper at Plumpton races last season (will check again on Monday).

When you can buy a box of 6 sausage rolls from piglets direct for £21 at retail prices it shows the huge mark up that Sodexo must have. I understand that you have to turn a profit but this is just a rip-off and why I won't buy them. Maybe they have to do this to cover writing off the cost of the vegan kitkats that must be going out of date soon.
Not really incredibly - about standard for event catering, pub prices etc.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
They are good but incredibly over-priced - even for a football ground. Same sausage rolls (and pies) were a couple of quid cheaper at Plumpton races last season (will check again on Monday).

When you can buy a box of 6 sausage rolls from piglets direct for £21 at retail prices it shows the huge mark up that Sodexo must have. I understand that you have to turn a profit but this is just a rip-off and why I won't buy them. Maybe they have to do this to cover writing off the cost of the vegan kitkats that must be going out of date soon.
Here we go again…

I do wish the great British public would try better to understand Foodservice and the Hospitality sector in general. Comparing it to Food retail is almost like comparing it to Fashion ie they’re completely different really.

Maybe we need Greg Wallace to do an Inside the Operator to better educate everyone

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Here we go again…

I do wish the great British public would try better to understand Foodservice and the Hospitality sector in general. Comparing it to Food retail is almost like comparing it to Fashion ie they’re completely different really.

Maybe we need Greg Wallace to do an Inside the Operator to better educate everyone
Exactly………also, buying food at the ground is optional :shrug: Prices are fine - it’s the quality of some of it that is questionable imo. Sausage rolls remain fantastic 😁 Palace charge £4 for a Greggs equivalent

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I literally spent 15 minutes trying to figure out what they are called last night when I wrote it 😂😂😂 I’ve drawn a complete blank - what are they? I’ve got hundreds of the bloody things for the

Official Matchday Programme 🤣🤣

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I literally spent 15 minutes trying to figure out what they are called last night when I wrote it 😂😂😂 I’ve drawn a complete blank - what are they? I’ve got hundreds of the bloody things for the boy.
Have you never heard someone shouting “Programmes” when selling them outside a football ground? :smile:

It wouldn’t surprise me if they are called something else now, telling us customers to enjoy our match day experience :moo:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I literally spent 15 minutes trying to figure out what they are called last night when I wrote it 😂😂😂 I’ve drawn a complete blank - what are they? I’ve got hundreds of the bloody things for the boy.

I've read some funny old posts on here in my time but "I spent 15 minutes trying to remember what a programme is called" is right up there!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Here we go again…

I think he’s unavailable for selection at this time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here