Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yet another game without a goal for Barnes...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Enjoy sucking those lemons tonight Barnes haters.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
He's been one of our better players for quite sometime but too many supporters are blinded by their hatred.

I don't do 'hatred' of our own players. But 2 (yes, just two) league goals this season, both of them today, one pen and a tap in, really?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Some of you really need to get over yourselves. Well done Ashley for the bottle to take the Pen and the goal but what did he do before the pen?
The square root of **** all, that's what.
27 minutes before he actually made a contribution that wasn't passing to blackburn or coming off 2nd best in a challenge.
Man of the match? Seriously?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Ashley Barnes always puts in the effort, never hides, even when things are going badly for him or the team, and does this whatever role he is asked to play, and manages 50 goals in 150 games, yeah let's sell him :facepalm:

Well he's not going to sign a new contract so sell in January I say.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Some of you really need to get over yourselves. Well done Ashley for the bottle to take the Pen

You saying no one else had? Lopez takes them so Barnes should know his place in the pecking order. Someone should also tell Barnes that Guz is long gone.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You saying no one else had? Lopez takes them so Barnes should know his place in the pecking order. Someone should also tell Barnes that Guz is long gone.

Does Oscar phone Gus for the team sheet then?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Does Oscar phone Gus for the team sheet then?

Lopez takes the penalties and Dopey 3 points Barnes said in the interview - Soon as it was a pen I grabbed the ball and was adamant I'd take it. Hello thicko BARNES, It's a team game not about you you tw@t.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
And Barnes has gone and rocked the boat now hasn't he. He'll be grabbing that ball when a penalty is awarded like a bully nicking sweets of a smaller boy at school in future and we'll all know what'll happen won't we, yes, he'll go and miss and miss and keep missing till he's told not to be a bully and hand the ball back to Lopez.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Well ****ing done to Barnesy today. Held the ball up excellently, controlled loads of long passes and made loads of lay offs.
Had a bit of a Torres performance today. The crowd got on his back after he put that first effort over the bar, but then he stood up and scored a penalty and put in a fantastic shift, winning the ball lots and doing plenty with it. Good positioning and awareness to get the second goal too.

All of you haters need to have a good long look at yourselves. He plays for BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION you idiots, not Crystal Palace.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
well ****ing done to barnesy today. Held the ball up excellently, controlled loads of long passes and made loads of lay offs.
Had a bit of a torres performance today. The crowd got on his back after he put that first effort over the bar, but then he stood up and scored a penalty and put in a fantastic shift, winning the ball lots and doing plenty with it. Good positioning and awareness to get the second goal too.

All of you haters need to have a good long look at yourselves. He plays for brighton and hove albion you idiots, not crystal palace.

spot on buddy

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
And Barnes has gone and rocked the boat now hasn't he. He'll be grabbing that ball when a penalty is awarded like a bully nicking sweets of a smaller boy at school in future and we'll all know what'll happen won't we, yes, he'll go and miss and miss and keep missing till he's told not to be a bully and hand the ball back to Lopez.

Utter utter utter rubbish. You weren't even there. Garcia and Jones were happy for him to take it. Lopez was there in the huddle afterwards.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I can never see the point of slagging off our players especially when our backs are against the wall, as they are now, and we are so many players short. Why cannot we just get behind the team, believing they do their best each time, without the constant criticism of Ashley or any of the other players?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Go go Ashley Barnes....I told you he was a great player......this week at least.......roll on next week and a Lita hat trick.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Some of you really need to get over yourselves. Well done Ashley for the bottle to take the Pen and the goal but what did he do before the pen?
The square root of **** all, that's what.
27 minutes before he actually made a contribution that wasn't passing to blackburn or coming off 2nd best in a challenge.
Man of the match? Seriously?

So one week he plays well but doesn't score and the next he scores 2 but doesn't play as well but still gets abuse, christ

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Barnes... terrible until he scored... just awful... got better after that, but... MoM... what a ridiculous pick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here