Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yet another game without a goal for Barnes...

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Anyone else used the Wellthickwoody pun yet?

Not having visited this thread for a while, Barnes scoring a few goals right now (5 in 19 league games), what's your point TSB?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Not having visited this thread for a while, Barnes scoring a few goals right now (5 in 19 league games), what's your point TSB?

A little bit of research (or having watched the team at all this season) would mean you'd know that Barnes was out injured earlier in the season. His record is 5 in 17, including 3 as sub, in the league. Not a bad record really.

On your basis, CMS and Hoskins have 0 in 19!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
A little bit of research (or having watched the team at all this season) would mean you'd know that Barnes was out injured earlier in the season. His record is 5 in 17, including 3 as sub, in the league. Not a bad record really.

On your basis, CMS and Hoskins have 0 in 19!

5 in 17? Wow...............

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If you accept it is 5 in 14 starts (which I realise doesn't suit your anti Barnes agenda), it actually is okay at this level. My point, which you ignore, is that you can't just make up stats to suit your (incorrect) points.

The ironic part of all this is that I actually don't have an anti Barnes agenda. The only agenda I do have is to put the blindingly obvious facts in front of the people who don't want to read them.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
And there was me thinking that he was among the club's top 30 goal scorers.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The ironic part of all this is that I actually don't have an anti Barnes agenda. The only agenda I do have is to put the blindingly obvious facts in front of the people who don't want to read them.

You give him NO credit whatsoever. He's playing out of position and doing a fine job yet you can't bring yourself to admit he's now doing OK. Why not cut the bullshit, you most certainly do have an agenda against him.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
No, if we're talking about the goals he's scoring right now, it's 5 in his last 5.

Or another way, 2 goals per game!

Barnes is just the fashionable player to blame for anything at the moment. He could score 50 goals this season and win us the league and people would still have a go at him and think he is useless!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Or another way, 2 goals per game!

Barnes is just the fashionable player to blame for anything at the moment. He could score 50 goals this season and win us the league and people would still have a go at him and think he is useless!

"20 in the championship is okay, I suppose, but he's never a prem striker. Get rid"

Etc, etc.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I cannot understand the mindset of people who want to "get rid". It's baffling. I understand if you don't think he should START, but wanting to sell a player who has consistently chipped in with goals for years now, and adds a HUGE amount else to the team, it does come across as either childish or thick.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Barnes is getting better game by game under Oscar, anyone you cant see that either has an agenda or has limited knowledge of football.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
He was good all round on Saturday, his positioning and movement was excellent. Has a great engine on him too, never stops trying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here