Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yet more demands for special treatment from muslims

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
People need to get a life. Who cares who is buried next to you in a cemetary. I am sure when it said that they shouldnt be buried next to a ''Non Muslim'' it probably meant not being buried in the same plot.

You can't go setting a precedent in this instance. After all its not like moving into a Council house and asking to be moved because you didnt like the religion of the neighbours. We wouldnt put up with it in life as it wouldn't be Politically Correct, so why should we put up with it in a graveyard.

If the Council are taking burial requests. I would like Kylie Minogue on top of me, Scarlet Johansen under me. A young Britt Eckland to my right and Marilyn Monroe to my left. I will name my substitutes later

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Firstly, the Muslim Grave was there first.
Secondly, the Muslim family did complain BEFORE the other funeral took place.
Thirdly, the parish Council (or whoever) could have avoided the whole thing with a little bit of foresight.
Fourthly, one way of interpreting it is that it is the traveller family being deliberately provocative and picking a fight.

But no, let's pick on the nasty, evil, and in this case quite possibly innocent and wronged Muslim family, shall we.

The Muslim grave is in a multi faith cemetery. According to the cemetery page there is no segregation, which is why no other faiths have complained.
What right have the Muslim family got to "complain " about who they feel is worthy enough to be buried alongside their relative. I know what term would have been used if other faiths complained about being buried adjacent to a Muslim.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Firstly, the Muslim Grave was there first.:SO WHAT ? THE POINT OF MY POST IS THE FACT THAT YET AGAIN things have to be changed for them.
Secondly, the Muslim family did complain BEFORE the other funeral took place. AGAIN, SO WHAT ? SEE ABOVE.
Thirdly, the parish Council (or whoever) could have avoided the whole thing with a little bit of foresight.NO, THE MUSLIMS COULD IF ITS THAT IMPORTANT TO THEM
Fourthly, one way of interpreting it is that it is the traveller family being deliberately provocative and picking a fight.

But no, let's pick on the nasty, evil, and in this case quite possibly innocent and wronged Muslim family, shall we.
With insipid, ridiculously acquiescent tossers like you around its no wonder these people think they can take the piss, this country is finished in its present form if people like you become the majority, you literally cant wait to bend over and grab your ankles with these people and their incessant whining.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
heres an idea why can't they move the muslim person to a muslim cemetary, I sure the council will give them a grant for it

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
With insipid, ridiculously acquiescent tossers like you around its no wonder these people think they can take the piss, this country is finished in its present form if people like you become the majority, you literally cant wait to bend over and grab your ankles with these people and their incessant whining.

I'm not sure it is worth arguing about this, because you seem incapable of coherent thought or of sensible discussion without resorting to pathetic insults. I suggest you try reading the original article and my post again, and try to understand them, and some of the other sensible people on here.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The Muslim grave is in a multi faith cemetery. According to the cemetery page there is no segregation, which is why no other faiths have complained.
What right have the Muslim family got to "complain " about who they feel is worthy enough to be buried alongside their relative. I know what term would have been used if other faiths complained about being buried adjacent to a Muslim.

I wasn't actually validating (or otherwise) the Muslim family's right to complain. I was merely pointing out that they raised the issue BEFORE the other funeral took place.

And in terms of who is buried where, I would imagine that any sensible or sensitive local authority in its management of its graveyards would do their utmost to make sure that people are not offended, WHATEVER THEIR FAITH. Sorry to shout, which is not directed at you, Soulman.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
these people and their incessant whining.

These people, those people... Can you see how you are lumping vast trenches of individuals together and trying to dehumanise then?
The words of yours I have quoted above have been said by racists throughout history to dismiss others grievances.
Now I'm not 100% certain the family involved that follows the teachings of Mohammed is not comprised of extreme idiots given to causing trouble without cause, yet without any further information you seem 100% certain that they can have no legitimate complaint (though it is almost certain their complaint could not legally force the new neighbour to be disinterred). This is often described as prejudiced.

So yes bushy, again without being 100% certain it is very likely you are prejudiced and racist. This does not mean there is not a grain of substance somewhere in your litany of complaints about multicultural Britain, but it does mean you're a ****.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Thirdly, the parish Council (or whoever) could have avoided the whole thing with a little bit of foresight.

The clue was in the two words - 'Multi-faith' and 'unsegregated' - if you don't want to run the risk of ending up next to someone you don't want to then don't use a multi-faith unsegregated burial ground. Personally I find it pretty pathetic - both of them are dead - worm food - they aren't going to even know !

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I wasn't actually validating (or otherwise) the Muslim family's right to complain. I was merely pointing out that they raised the issue BEFORE the other funeral took place.

And in terms of who is buried where, I would imagine that any sensible or sensitive local authority in its management of its graveyards would do their utmost to make sure that people are not offended, WHATEVER THEIR FAITH. Sorry to shout, which is not directed at you, Soulman.

Fair enough Dave, but when my gf died my nan brought the plot adjacent and my uncle brought the one the other side. They care not or know who is buried adjacent to them.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
any sensible or sensitive local authority in its management of its graveyards would do their utmost to make sure that people are not offended

Really, over to you Stephen.......

Attachments

• stevenfry.jpg
    stevenfry.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 163

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So yes bushy, again without being 100% certain it is very likely you are prejudiced and racist. This does not mean there is not a grain of substance somewhere in your litany of complaints about multicultural Britain, but it does mean you're a ****.

Really ? Since when has been a Muslim been dependent upon your race ?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
They expected to be buried next other Muslims, as they were obviously promised. They've every right to be upset, the council has ****ed it up.

Well then they shouldn't!

We are a multi-faith, multi-cultural country. If you choose to live here you get what you get.

And let's face it, once you're dead do you really care? You can bury me next to whoever you wish. I will not care who is in the next plot. I will be dead.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Soylent Green. That would sort it.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Really, over to you Stephen.......

If Mr Fry was pushed on this, I think he would probably say that there is "offended" and offended". I doubt whether his quote would be intended to cover situations like this, but that he was making the point it is a word too much bandied around these days.

I seem to remember his "Who do you think you are " programme showing him enormously upset in a doorway in Vienna when he found out that members of his family had suffered and died in Concentration camps under the Nazis. He might possibly have been "offended" by it.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Doesnt matter who was there first and the Muslim family have no right to complain.

They chose a multi faith cemetery.In any case Muslims can be buried next to non believers,there are no religious grounds for complaining about being buried next to a non believer.If their personal preference was to be buried amongst only muslims they should have done some homework first and chosen a more appropriate cemetery.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
When you look at these particular threads....seems the whinning is from the same 'offended' people over and over again. Thanks for the Stephen Fry quote. Its appropriate for the thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here