Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich after Crofts [merged]

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Crikey, we only finished mid-table, after lingering around the relegation zone for most the season, and our players are being pinched left, right and centre. Imagine what it'd be like if we had a GOOD season.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I have a feeling should Crofts leave, Gus will bring in an Argentinian hard nut version of him.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
We will miss Crofts if he went, did we miss dean Hammond? Yes. People on this board fail to see what crofts does off the ball how bloody hard he works to stop the opposition playing football. If crofts leaves we will miss him, I promise you that, Gus knows midfielders and he rates crofts the best at the club.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
What do you base that on because, no offence, evidence suggests otherwise?

if crofts is being targeted as norwich's main midfield man then they have no ambition.

This is not a criticism of cofts, he is a good player for us at this level, but if I was one of their fans and heard this news I would not be optimistic in the slightest.

We would go MAD if we had been promoted to the champ and signed a player who was released from a league 2 club 2 years previous, and was playing for a team in a relegation battle for 3/4 of the season

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'd take 300k. Navarro, Dicker, Arismendi (on season long loan) and Hendrie (if we got him) would be plenty of options in the middle of midfield.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm sorry, but if crofts is being targeted as norwich's main midfield man then they may as well be relegated now.

This is not a criticism of cofts, but if I was one of their fans and heard this news I would not be optimistic in the slightest.

We would go MAD if we had been promoted to the champ and signed a player who was released from a league 2 club 2 years previous, and was playing for a team in a relegation battle for 3 of the season

I accept that but I was referring to your point about a limited budget. All of the news we have heard to date suggests we do have quite a restricted budget and so I was wondering why you thought otherwise.

Of course we are going to have a restricted budget against the likes of Norwhich and Southampton but still, it doesn't look good if we cant keep a hold of the likes of Crofts.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If we get a fee of over £250k, I'd take it and run. Dicker, Navarro and Hendrie wasnt much worse, and Gus and Zigor will find us a GEM from the office of flair trade

Agreed. If we get Hendrie, and Arismendi on an extended loan (think this is likely) then centre midfield would have more than enough strength in depth.

I understand what Mr 6.5/10 brings to the team, though.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I dont think you could play Hendrie central in a 4 man midfield to be honest.
We need to keep Crofts in my opinion, him with Dicker and Navarro fighting it out 4 two slots will lead to good competition in there

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The article could have been partly inspired by all the NSCers who posted their valuations of the current squad as the journos are known to trawl through fan forums for snippets of information to pad out their story.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Crofts is pivotal to the midfield.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I dont think you could play Hendrie central in a 4 man midfield to be honest.
We need to keep Crofts in my opinion, him with Dicker and Navarro fighting it out 4 two slots will lead to good competition in there

Arismendi will shine next season. Risky prediction I know, but I really think he will.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am not sure that Crofts going to Norwich would be a bad thing for him. After all, Wales think he obviously has something and it can only be to his benefit playing against superior players and superior teams week in week out.

One thing that is the "elephant in the room" in all of this is the constant rumours that Poyet's playing budget is not as great as some people seem to think it is. I do not think that this team is capable as it is of gaining promotion and therefore I wonder if Gus will look to bring in cheap foreign players to make up for this budget shortfall..possibly

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
If we get a good offer i would happily take it. Crofts was consistant last year, but didn't do anything really special

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You're not really in a position to claim it as accurate. It's your opinion.

A large number of your fellow Albion fans disagree with your opinion.

Fair enough. But as this thread (and the other) shows, opinion is MASSIVELY split as to just how important Crofts is. A LOT of people don't quite agree with you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here