Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Office - American version

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'm sorry but the American version is BLOODY funny!! the guy from 40 year old virgin is a genius

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
No need to apologise dwayne but that guy is indeed funny but the timing and body language and everything that made the english version is completely lost on the actors and in the camera work.

It's weird hearing the same lines in both versions.

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
No need to apologise dwayne but that guy is indeed funny but the timing and body language and everything that made the english version is completely lost on the actors and in the camera work.

It's weird hearing the same lines in both versions.

I haven't seen the American one, but if i were to watch it, i would just be comparing it all to the English one, and how it wasn't the same

I expect if the english version didn't exist than the American version may have been all right. The English was so good, it would have taken something exceptional to beat it

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just doesn't work, does it. What was the f***ing POINT of making a yank version using practically the same script ? They should either show the Brit version or just not bovver at all.

Fawlty Towers, I'm Alan Partridge, The Office. Three of the most superbly written comedies of all time, I can watch those all night.

upnorthnow

Feb 4, 2004
SK13
How spooky, i am watching series two, episode 2 now. (sexual harrassment) not a patch on our office, watching it out of morbid curiosity more than anything.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Easy 10 said:
Just doesn't work, does it. What was the f***ing POINT of making a yank version using practically the same script ? They should either show the Brit version or just not bovver at all.

Fawlty Towers, I'm Alan Partridge, The Office. Three of the most superbly written comedies of all time, I can watch those all night.

i reckon father ted and blackadder are better than those three, but each to his own etc.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Woody the Seagull said:
i reckon father ted and blackadder are better than those three, but each to his own etc.
I think Fawlty Towers is finally beginning to look too dated to be all that funny. And "Knowing me, knowing you" was miles funnier than "I'm Alan Partridge", IMHO.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Easy 10 said:
They should either show the Brit version or just not bovver at all.

They did show the Brit version.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The American version was tailored for an American audience and their sense of humour differs quite a lot from ours. The irony is that the British version went down well there which surprised me more than a little. I just didn't think they'd get it.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Simster said:
I think Fawlty Towers is finally beginning to look too dated to be all that funny. And "Knowing me, knowing you" was miles funnier than "I'm Alan Partridge", IMHO.

Just as well your opinion counts for shit then doesn't it, you minge.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Woody the Seagull said:
Father Teds ok, but not a patch on my Big Three.
Blackadder was excellent, but again, is just about on the 2nd tier of comedy classics for me. Brilliantly written, but not quite as many laugh-out-loud moments as FT, IAP or, err, TO.

As you say though, each to their own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here