Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Typical underhand tactics by Labour at the Albion

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
One of the implications of the flyer is that the Labour Party is a member of Friends of the Albion. Of course, it is not.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I spoke to her on Sunday - the day after.

She doesn't have complete control over absolutely everything going out and was, I think, a bit embarrassed.
Slightly concerned that somthing as important as, dare I say it PR(she must of known that shit was being handed out at the game btw if not is she credible) she doesn't have control of:shrug:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Even if she didn't have control over it going out, it will be interesting to see what she does publicly to clean things up over a flyer that came out in her name.

If there is silence, it is likely that many will conclude that she isn't very straight in her dealings.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
behave guys - they're only playing back the comments we've made so often that being:

No stadium means all these community items will be lost
The Albion is more than about a football club

and Martin Perry has made that statement publicly.

It's cheeky, illiterate and stretching credibility BUT it is underlining that as a party they were consistent in their support for the stadium where as every other party has some public skeletons in the cupboard. In the same way as many will politically hold the government accountable for what goes wrong under their watch (and opposition parties will do their best to make this link) then those who are in power will do their best to take credit (by implication) for what has happened that is good.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Let's be honest, I suspect those that are busy crying foul aren't doing so because they are labour supporters. Do what most sensible people do, ignore the propaganda and don't pick up a leaflet.

Some people seem to get upset at stupid things. Next they will be arguing that Gordon Brown is responsible for the content of every single leaflet distributed around the country.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Attachments

• platts.jpg
    platts.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 110

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Let's be honest, I suspect those that are busy crying foul aren't doing so because they are labour supporters. Do what most sensible people do, ignore the propaganda and don't pick up a leaflet.

Some people seem to get upset at stupid things. Next they will be arguing that Gordon Brown is responsible for the content of every single leaflet distributed around the country.
No he's not responsible, he leaves it to the Prospective Member of Parliament to deal with otherwise he would spending his days proof reading!!!

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
I wonder how many Brighton fans are voting in this General Election on the back of what happened about the stadium saga...?

whyever not? it's an important local topic, and I for one (when I mistakenly thought I was in the lewes constituency) thought about this long and hard.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Why ever not? Some people have bigger issues to consider.

Though for some, this is their biggest issue - this is what I'm asking.

I'd say the Albion's new stadium is one of the most important local political issues for the last 20 years

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
A few facts:

The Labour Party DID do more than any other Party to support the Club, and in support of Falmer.(Both locally and Nationally)

The Lib Dems (in Lewes) were a disgrace. In Brighton itself I believe they were 'neutral' (usual LibDems, can't make up their minds on anything)

The Tories tried to jump on the 'Stadium' Bandwagon - but refused to say where the Stadium should go.

BUT

What the Labour Party have done with these leaflets is very wrong.

(1)The Official Club Website details are listed - as if the club has Officially endorsed this leaflet.
(2) Are the Labour Party members of 'Friends of the Albion'?
(3) The Club's Community Programme - it's fantastic - what has it got to do with the Labour Party?

Very naughty, and I hope the Club get an apology. (no doubt it will be afterthe Election!)

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Why ever not? Some people have bigger issues to consider.

Though for some, this is their biggest issue - this is what I'm asking.

simple really. national politics mean a lot. local politics are, frankly, less important but still a big influence. Would my decision to vote liberal in lewes be tempered by their previous actions? why of course.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
The MORI people were nothing to do with the election.

They were approaching older male fans like me as part of the health awareness scheme. All they wanted was a name, address, telephone number and age, with a view to a telephone follow up at a later date.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here