• Yes

Votes: 88 58.7%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Got to be honest I completely forgot it was the council elections today. All seems very low key. Only remembered because my local MP emailed me reminding me to vote. Funnily enough I won't be voting for his lot.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Only PCC today here - and no I won't be voting because, as per the voter ID thread, I don't agree with running the police with politicians.
Then spoil your paper to say so. Silence changes nothing.

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
Already voted… as said earlier it is a privilege to be able to - postal vote sent earlier in the week. A lot of activity from the Green Party in a place which has been Tory forever… be Interesting to see all the new Green voters turning up in their Bentleys to vote.
the only interesting thing about the mayor vote is how big a percentage Andy Burnham will get.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No. On holiday again

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Then spoil your paper to say so. Silence changes nothing.
A close to zero percent turnout could also change things. Every main political party supports the PCC elections ( it's another chance for power ) so even if I spoil my ballot paper it would make zero difference ( and unlike real elections, there is no requirement to read out words added to a spoilt ballot ).

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Only PCC today here - and no I won't be voting because, as per the voter ID thread, I don't agree with running the police with politicians.
Nip down and write "Absolute Waste of Time" on your ballot. I've just read the statements by the candidates in my area and they either read "I've got more police out on the streets to reduce anti-social behaviour" or "If elected I'd get more police out on the streets to reduce anti-social behaviour".

Obviously the Conservative candidate is a former policeman and soldier because of course they are. And the Lib Dem candidate is a former solicitor with a colourful stripey tie because of course they are. The Labour candidate (the incumbent) seems to have had about 20jobs over the last 40years and some of them even sound as if they'd involve some relevant experience but I'm buggered if I have any idea if she's done a good job or even what "doing a good job" looks like for a PCC.

I've got the Tees Valley Mayor election as well to get me out of the house so I'll vote in the PCC while I'm down there, possibly based on what coloured socks I happen to be wearing at the time.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Police & Crime Commissioner only here, and I refuse to vote in these elections as I believe they're a waste of time and money and politicise the police force, so won't be voting on principle.

I obviously would vote in any other form of election, but not these. The whole system should be scrapped.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
No, mainly because I've always been of the opinion that my single vote won't make a difference to the outcome. And also because I'm pretty politically agnostic and it doesn't really get me going like it does to other people.

I know that's not the 'right' opinion to offer but, like people having the right to vote, people have the right to NOT vote too, should they wish.

Anyway, good luck those taking part and voting. I hope you get the result you want :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports