Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton flag at EDL march on Getty Images

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So if they were bunching on a bigmac as they march mcds should sue them The way i see they paid for the flag They can do what the want with it Well its calleda march isnt it ?? Anywy im sure they aint that hardto find as you feel so strongly about it Why not go and tell them thereself Get proactive As they have done Or are you to much of a coward to stand up for something you obviously feel strongly about I'm they are reasonable people Just as you are sure they are thick thugs

If they were munching a big mac, I'm sure McDonalds wouldn't give a shit. They'd just bank the £2. If however, they chose to put the McDonalds logo on the middle of their banner, then yes, their lawyers would have something to say about it.

Why not just admit that whatever any of us think about the two sides of the political argument, the use of the badge is unnecessary and out of order?

To turn this around macky, what would your thoughts be about an Albion badge in the middle of an Anti-facist league banner? Or a Hamas flag? Or a Hezbolah leaflet? Just for example's sake? Would that be fine too?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
So if they were bunching on a bigmac as they march mcds should sue them The way i see they paid for the flag They can do what the want with it Well its calleda march isnt it ?? Anywy im sure they aint that hardto find as you feel so strongly about it Why not go and tell them thereself Get proactive As they have done Or are you to much of a coward to stand up for something you obviously feel strongly about I'm they are reasonable people Just as you are sure they are thick thugs

Your grammar actually gives me a headache.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton

Quite simply, that is the most illiterate post I've ever read on here. And well done, I think that's probably the first time anybody as ever described the EDL as "reasonable", although personally I prefer bigotted and ignorant.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
If they were munching a big mac, I'm sure McDonalds wouldn't give a shit. They'd just bank the £2. If however, they chose to put the McDonalds logo on the middle of their banner, then yes, their lawyers would have something to say about it.

Why not just admit that whatever any of us think about the two sides of the political argument, the use of the badge is unnecessary and out of order?

To turn this around macky, what would your thoughts be about an Albion badge in the middle of an Anti-facist league banner? Or a Hamas flag? Or a Hezbolah leaflet? Just for example's sake? Would that be fine too?

In all honsty i would'nt givea f*** What makes you think i would It would not make me feel any different about the club In fact next time i go to a anti facist meeting i might take one But im a bot scared the club would bar me Like i said its a free country And arent hamas and Hezbolah ilegal If not thay have both commited murder As far as i know none of the edl members have committed murder Or any ilegal acts Yet

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In all honsty i would'nt givea f*** What makes you think i would It would not make me feel any different about the club In fact next time i go to a anti facist meeting i might take one But im a bot scared the club would bar me Like i said its a free country And arent hamas and Hezbolah ilegal If not thay have both commited murder As far as i know none of the edl members have committed murder Or any ilegal acts Yet

Look, it obviously wouldn't make me feel differently about the club either. It MIGHT make some random members of the general public feel differently though, if they saw such things often enough to connect the two entities. The club has a right, and a duty to protect its public image, and the use of its logo on a political banner that many find distasteful flies in the face of that.

That's me done. I really can't state my case any more clearly. Goodnight

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Quite simply, that is the most illiterate post I've ever read on here. And well done, I think that's probably the first time anybody as ever described the EDL as "reasonable", although personally I prefer bigotted and ignorant.

Who said the edl were reasonble I was making the assumptio that the boys in the picture were Do you know diferent then ? No you dont do you you know f*** all about them Except the fact that they are prepared to give up their free time for something that they believe in I bet theres no one who has posted on this thread that go's along to protest against them Like i said if you feel so strongly about it Go and tell them instead of hiding behind your keyboard

thepikie

Can you enlighten me when the last incident of local English villagers gathering together to communally stone an adulteress and her partner to death like happened in Afghanistan recently by adherents of the religion of peace took place?

Yeah, okay then. It was in Milton Keynes, I know cos my mate Bob in the EDL told me that it's true. And everything they say is true, it's not a load of made-up stuff, rumours and lies. It's his right to stone people to death because he's English. Do you have a problem with that?

macky

Dec 28, 2004

Have you read their Mission statement ? i doubt very much that you have [neither have i ] but you make assumptions wit hout reading up on anything Just as you have made if you want attack someone or something you should do some home work first

thepikie

Who said the edl were reasonble I was making the assumptio that the boys in the picture were Do you know diferent then ? No you dont do you you know f*** all about them Except the fact that they are prepared to give up their free time for something that they believe in I bet theres no one who has posted on this thread that go's along to protest against them Like i said if you feel so strongly about it Go and tell them instead of hiding behind your keyboard

yeah, i'm prepared. Dunno if I'll take a Seagulls flag though, because it's not relevant. I'd go as an individual, not pretending to represent a crowd. I couldn't make Luton, but I'm glad the UAF did- it meant the police had to close all of Luton town centre and keep a close eye on the EDL. This is the only thing that stopped a bunch of coked-up pissheads (with a Brighton and Hove Albion flag) destroying Luton town centre whenever they see someone with brown skin (i mean, look like muslims)

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Yeah, okay then. It was in Milton Keynes, I know cos my mate Bob in the EDL told me that it's true. And everything they say is true, it's not a load of made-up stuff, rumours and lies. It's his right to stone people to death because he's English. Do you have a problem with that?

Name me one political party that doesn't lie And make up rumours go on just one will do I will even make it easier for you name me one politicain who doesn't lie

thepikie

Name me one political party that doesn't lie And make up rumours go on just one will do I will even make it easier for you name me one politicain who doesn't lie

impossible. they're all full of shit. But the other parties don't go onto the streets to intimidate muslims carrying Brighton and Hove Albion flags. And why don't they? Because it's got nothing to do with football.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
When I form the English Language Defence League, macky, your head will be first against the wall.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
impossible. they're all full of shit. But the other parties don't go onto the streets to intimidate muslims carrying Brighton and Hove Albion flags. And why don't they? Because it's got nothing to do with football.
and of course the muslim parties dont take to the streets And intimidate anyone do they

thepikie

and of course the muslim parties dont take to the streets And intimidate anyone do they

By saying 'muslim' parties, do you mean those 6 people in Luton the EDL won't stop going on about. English parties do (the EDL), doesn't mean every English party does. I don't feel the same about every Englishman as I do about the EDL. It's possible to feel one thing about a set of people- I hate extremists and the EDL, doesn't mean I hate muslims and the English.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Have you read their Mission statement ? i doubt very much that you have [neither have i ] but you make assumptions wit hout reading up on anything Just as you have made if you want attack someone or something you should do some home work first

Is their mission as well written as your thought provoking posts ?

thepikie

Is their mission as well written as your thought provoking posts ?

About. It's lots of non-specific stuff about how bad Muslims are, and that the EDL don't like it. No mention of the terrible things people from other religions do, no actual plans about how to oppose it, no real evidence or facts about the contributions from Muslim people in Britain, no mention that most of the things they describe 'Muslims' doing (oppressing women, preventing free speech) are already illegal in the UK and no suggestion that EDL protests will only help extremists recruit more terrorists. So yeah, it's not well written. It's people who are trying to blame the wrong group for their problems, probably because they want to create the conditions where things like Fascism and the BNP will thrive. And the Seagulls logo was take on their demo.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
And this is the bit I still don't get . Why our flag ? Or in particular , why our club badge ?? If they or anybody want to be identifed by being from Brighton , they've already done that by adding the word 'Brighton' in one of the corners . Our proud Seagull almost looks sad and embarressed .
Flags mean many things to many people , that's why it has always been a rallying cry to so many people and why a certain little Bavarian made up his own little red, black and white number in the 1930's. I get that. But our flag , our badge uniquely represents all supporters of BHA. Our support base spans the entire spectrum of age ,colour , profession and politics. We are all very different , but every week we unite under that one badge for the common cause . And that's football !! And our identity within football is that badge. That's it pure and simple.
If anybody wants to use that flag for anything else other than football, then you are free do so , but please remember to remove the badge first.

I 'hankyou

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here