Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Burnley

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Be a nice bit of Karma Saturday if we help them on their way for that Joey Barton game.
Have we even beaten them at the Amex?

Yes - twice

23 Feb 2013 Brighton and Hove Albion v Burnley W 1-0 League Championship
24 Aug 2013 Brighton and Hove Albion v Burnley W 2-0 League Championship

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't see us surviving as Newcastle, Everton and co are pulling away. I'd rather see us try and keep within our financial parameters though if it means relegation. It seems each season a club is close to going into admin.

Dyche is still our best chance of stopping up, by far, IMO and in the opinion of the new chairman too (4 year contract signed earlier this year).

In a way, is there a part of you that's looking forward to being in the Championship?

I know when the drop comes for us, I'll be quite excited to be back in such a fantastically competitive league, once I've gotten over the sting of relegation.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
In a way, is there a part of you that's looking forward to being in the Championship?

I know when the drop comes for us, I'll be quite excited to be back in such a fantastically competitive league, once I've gotten over the sting of relegation.

It'd be a lot more palatable if we weren't skint. The last owner took about £100m out of the club and the new owners are probably taking out fees and directors' salaries too.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011

In a way yes. Apparently we are a club full of racists who play hoofball rather than proper football (according to many of the big clubs) . Get's tiring after a while.

Be interesting which club is given the 'dirty' and 'shouldn't be here' treatment next season. Also looking forward to which billionaire club plays the "we can't compete financially" line first when a few players leave. I have a hunch it will be Leicester.

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
In a way yes. Apparently we are a club full of racists who play hoofball rather than proper football (according to many of the big clubs) . Get's tiring after a while.

Be interesting which club is given the 'dirty' and 'shouldn't be here' treatment next season. Also looking forward to which billionaire club plays the "we can't compete financially" line first when a few players leave. I have a hunch it will be Leicester.

We're usually in the group that don't deserve to be here.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It'll be when you don't give Klopp and co 4 goals a match and dare to play defensive football. I think Brighton will avoid being given that label as you are an exciting team.

He was actually pretty gracious when we came back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 at Anfield earlier this season!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
He was actually pretty gracious when we came back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 at Anfield earlier this season!

He was much nicer about us when they stuck 5 past us. Guardiola also more than complimentary about us being one of the best sides in the league having just thrashed us 4-1 multiple times. He wasn't so pleasant when we turned them over and had a right old go at Potter for daring to fist pump.

The comments or the football??

We survived two seasons playing very similar stuff so I hardly think we can comment. Things are going well for us now but you never know how long it will be before we are back to defensive rigidity again to stay in the league.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
We survived two seasons playing very similar stuff so I hardly think we can comment. Things are going well for us now but you never know how long it will be before we are back to defensive rigidity again to stay in the league.

We were never 'hoofball' though. We were just not good enough to maintain sustained attacks - and were pinned back defending a lot. Even that Spurs game we lost in the last few minutes, we didn't set out to be boring - we just never got the ball. Yes, we set up defensively, but not just to 'hoof' it and hope.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015

My vote will go for Palace or Leeds,... or both.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hopefully Burnley can get their act together and start pulling the likes of Newcastle and Everton towards them, starting next week.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Hopefully Burnley can get their act together and start pulling the likes of Newcastle and Everton towards them, starting next week.

Be surprised if any team outside of the bottom 3 go down this year tbh.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Have just seen nearly all away end is now available to home supporters so you only have one section. Is it normal you have such a small away following ?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

There are a few candidates among the playoff teams in Championship. Blackburn and Middlesbrough are two teams not exactly famous for their slick football.

Other than those and possibly some other Championship team, I dont think there's too many that would get the hoofball reputation. Which is a bit sad, while I wouldnt want to watch it week in week out I do like when there's a variety of play styles in football. Unfortunately I think, with the amount of time and money put into researching football, that the sport will be a "solved" game in due time with all teams playing in a similar "optimal" way.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
There are a few candidates among the playoff teams in Championship. Blackburn and Middlesbrough are two teams not exactly famous for their slick football.

Other than those and possibly some other Championship team, I dont think there's too many that would get the hoofball reputation. Which is a bit sad, while I wouldnt want to watch it week in week out I do like when there's a variety of play styles in football. Unfortunately I think, with the amount of time and money put into researching football, that the sport will be a "solved" game in due time with all teams playing in a similar "optimal" way.

Usually I'd agree on Middlesbrough but Wilder has actually got them playing some really nice football of late. A couple of games ago, they scored from a move that contained the same number of passes within it that the team used to complete in an entire half under Warnock.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Have just seen nearly all away end is now available to home supporters so you only have one section. Is it normal you have such a small away following ?

There are people frightened to leave Burnley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here