Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Kazim Richards

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He's one of those players who I was seriously excited about when we signed but who turned out to be one of the laziest players to pull on the stripes. As I said before (I think) he seemed to do absolutely nothing unless the game was on TV or relatively high profile and then he'd boom in 80 shots from distance and live off the one that went in.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I actually work for the Police, and sought advice re the emails - in the end i decided it wasn't worth wasting my time on the idiots. In the end once the whole saga was over it was a big relief to me... though i still got further abuse when he did well during Euro 2008!

bollocks to this "dont grass " stuff. You should have put the emails and PMs on here so we could see what sort of people lurk behind the facade of our club.

I actually interviewed him once and he came over as ok sort of guy and actually was very complimentary of Brighton and its fans at the time, but he was not the sharpest tool in the box and maybe that combined with the money that is thrown at players these days made for a potent cocktail.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
bollocks to this "dont grass " stuff. You should have put the emails and PMs on here so we could see what sort of people lurk behind the facade of our club.

I actually interviewed him once and he came over as ok sort of guy and actually was very complimentary of Brighton and its fans at the time, but he was not the sharpest tool in the box and maybe that combined with the money that is thrown at players these days made for a potent cocktail.

This.

Aaron, you should have "outed" all those who were giving out the abuse. Some "supporters" are just total morons who hide behind their keyboard.

To be honest chaps, I'd really had my fill of it by the time it got so heated. The relief when he left was tangible.
That's no slight against him, it's just i was hearing so many stories and rumours about various issues - and coupled with the abuse I got defending him/his point of view, I just didn't know what to think anymore.

When the abuse reared up again in 2008, by then I dismissed it as idiots not worthy of my time. All clubs have them.

In the end I just wanted to support my team and put it in the past rather than continue to drag it out. I cant imagine the crap i'd have got if I'd outed some of these people! Would it have been worth it? Who knows?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Did we not eventually make more money off the sale of CKR than we did in the end for Bobby?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Did we not eventually make more money off the sale of CKR than we did in the end for Bobby?

Nope.
We bought him for approx £50k. Sold him for (I think) £200k, and got a sell on fee from Sheff Utd to Fenerbahce of about £225k.

So all told we 'made' about half a million on his sales.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Obviously missed something here, 250k coca cola kid?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Obviously missed something here, 250k coca cola kid?

We won £250k, which according to the rules meant we could use it to buy a player, pay wages and/or make stadium improvements.
I guess we did all three.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Kazim Richards

I have to laugh at the mention of his name as the City Council still use one of their refuge collection lorries with Colin in full Albion kit plastered on the side. Very appropriate as most of his appearances for us were rubbish - I can still picture his broad backside chugging up the wing infront of the South stand at Withdean - desperate days indeed !

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
We won £250k, which according to the rules meant we could use it to buy a player, pay wages and/or make stadium improvements.
I guess we did all three.
No you won Brighton football club 250k. You have every right to be smug about that.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
No you won Brighton football club 250k. You have every right to be smug about that.
For the eventual money it earnt the club, I'm very proud. We needed it at Withdean so much, and thankfully it obviously helped.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

I would be interested as well however I understand why JTM wants to draw a line under the unpleasant episode. I can only assume it's the usual trolls on here. (You know, the ones that no one ever sees in real life).

FWIW I was delighted when you won the £250K AB. Why people slighted you for the choice of player beggars belief.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I would be interested as well however I understand why JTM wants to draw a line under the unpleasant episode. I can only assume it's the usual trolls on here. (You know, the ones that no one ever sees in real life).

FWIW I was delighted when you won the £250K AB. Why people slighted you for the choice of player beggars belief.

I guess it's just that every club has it's fair share of idiot ignorant fans - ours is no exception.
As mentioned before, I thoroughly enjoyed the initial experience, though it's a massive shame that I now look back on it as rather bittersweet.
But ultimately the club won out at the end by being financially much better off thank God!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My abiding memory of CKR is an image of him on his arse, arms outstretched palms-up, appealing to the ref after someone had had the sheer AUDACITY to tackle and get the ball off him.

He just wasn't up to it, wasn't interested, and clearly felt BHAFC and League One was very much beneath him. It probably was, as it was for Bobby Zamora. The crucial difference being, one of them gave 100% for the club despite the joke stadium and lowly league position, while the other just went through the motions here until he got the move he so clearly wanted pretty much from day one.

Talented player, but a reeking attitude. I bet he was an utter arsehat in the dressing room.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here