Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Crystal Palace are definitely staying up. Definitely.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
1. He didn't initially turn the job down.
2. We don't care.

Christ you're desperate.
He did turn the job down because Prince Charming didn't offer him enough moolah to start with so a further 15 candidates also turned the job down. Wurzel advised Prince Charming that Pulis was his ideal replacement.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Are you on the Palace board? How on earth can you know that.

Ridiculous.

Here you go:

"After being turned down by leading candidates Aitor Karanka and Rene Meulensteen and with former player Geoff Thomas wanting the job, the south London outfit are in a panic.

Pulis held talks with chairman Steve Parish but they broke down after wage demands. Now Parish knows he has to act quickly if they are to have any chance of staying in the Premier League"

http://www.winnersports.co.uk/pulis-in-new-palace-talks-38056

Last edited:

Dec 3, 2012
Do you think that backs up your argument? You've just used a website I've never heard of with no relevant quotes whatsoever. Any bloke could've written that! Could've been you!!

Last edited:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Do you think that backs up your argument? You've just used a website I've never heard of with no relevant quotes whatsoever. Any bloke could've written that! Could've been you!!

It is not my argument it was you and Grimsby's. I just posted one possible story that he may have based his argument on, I suspect there are many others that will also back it up if you want to look. But to suggest I wrote that story within a couple of minutes is ridiculous..

Dec 3, 2012
I know you didn't write it. My point was that a piece like that could be written by anybody. It didn't have 1 quote. It's just someone's opinion.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Pulis has done an amazing job there.

He was the one available manager I didn't want them to bring in as you just knew he'd get them results.

How annoying.

This.

Possession stats are completely meaningless if you don't back them up with GOALS. I think we played West Ham at The Amex a couple of years ago and absolutely destroyed them on the night with our slick passing and carefully crafted possession football. If you look at the books though, it shows that we lost the game 1-0.

It pains me to say it, but Pulis is certainly doing a job up the road

B@stard

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I will GUARENTEE you now...they won't beat a team by more than one goal at any point. They don't score.

But they don't conceed now either.

This isn't a hidden dig....but it is obvious Pulis has looked at his group of players and acknowledged they are not very good technical footballers. However they can be organised and they can defend for their lives.

A cliche? Yes. But it's true. If you don't conceed then you only need 1 goal to win.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Certainly taking advantage of other teams misfortunes - fair play to Palace.

Still think their luck will run out - but they wont finish bottom and it will probably come down to the last day......Fulham vs Palace on the last day could be a MASSIVE game.
Fulham will be relegated by then. They haven't got the stomach for a fight.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
I will GUARENTEE you now...they won't beat a team by more than one goal at any point. They don't score.

This isn't a hidden dig....but it is obvious Pulis has looked at his group of players and acknowledged they are not very good technical footballers. However they can be organised and they can defend for their lives.

A cliche? Yes. But it's true. If you don't conceed then you only need 1 goal to win.

Pulis has done it with simplicity.

If a player focuses on doing his job, then they are playing as a team.

We would have lost 3-1 last night under Lolloway.

Going to 3 CB's when Hull changed formation, and then reverting to 451 when they changed again was great tactics from Pulis.

Hull were a disgrace. It was like watching a continental team wafting fake cards at the ref, diving, harassing officials.

I'm not fussed if we stay up or not. It'd be nice to finally stay up, but I enjoy the football league a whole lot more.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

I know its a bit off thread...But I would have thought any player who plays football at pro level is a very good technical player, some might be and better than others but they are all pretty shit hot.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Because that's how football works. Palace aren't doing well BECAUSE Albion fans took the piss a bit. They're doing (relatively) well because they were lucky that Holloway all but imploded and, after the funniest managerial appointment process ever, they finally relented and brought in the perfect man for the task they were facing.

You can't have anything other than respect for the way Pulis operates and how he has pulled the shower-of-shite assembled by Holloway together. They are solid, effective, difficult to break down and they'll nick a goal that will often be the winner.

They're still third favourites to go down. Please be right bookmakers.

Pulis has galvanised the whole club.
The defence, who were shocking under Ollie, now look solid, and we look able to defend a 1 goal lead at ease.
Third favourites to go down ? Possibly, we have some tough games coming up ( starting with the Arse on Sunday) but we have more spirit and a never say die attitude than any of the other relegation teams .

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
This.

Possession stats are completely meaningless if you don't back them up with GOALS. I think we played West Ham at The Amex a couple of years ago and absolutely destroyed them on the night with our slick passing and carefully crafted possession football. If you look at the books though, it shows that we lost the game 1-0.

B@stard

No thanks to a sloppy pass from bridcutt

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
This.

B@stard

Agree about possession stats, very misleading.
Man City's 6-0 thrashing of Spurs is the classic example, Spurs had 60% possession !

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Are you on the Palace board? How on earth can you know that.

Ridiculous.

It was reported in the Croydon Advertiser on November 19th if you really want to know.

"Crystal Palace reportedly reopen talks with Tony Pulis
By Croydon Advertiser | Posted: November 19, 2013

pulis
Crystal Palace have reportedly reopened talks with Tony Pulis
Comments (0)
CRYSTAL Palace have reopened talks with Tony Pulis about becoming their new manager, national media reports suggest.

The former Stoke City boss was the favourite to land the role immediately after Ian Holloway's departure on October 23, but speculation has since cooled, with reports suggesting his wage demands were in the region £1.5m per year.

A number of names have been linked to the Eagles hotseat, including Aitor Karanka, Rene Meulenstein, Sean Dyche, Alan Pardew and Alex McLeish, to name a few.

Dan Petrescu held talks with Palace over the weekend but it seems he is now out of the running, instead concentrating on duties with club Dinamo Moscow.

And this evening, it has emerged Pulis is back in the frame for the position after conducting an interview on a regional radio station.

He was quoted: "I've had a nice break with the family, but I want to get back in the game.

"It's trying to find the right club. It's got to be a challenge. I enjoy picking clubs up and trying to make something of them.

"The phone has been busy. I couldn't tell you if my next job is going to be up north, in the middle of the country or down south.

"It's been nice to have a break and not worry too much. We'll see what happens."

Caretaker boss Keith Millen has been preparing the squad for this Saturday's trip to Hull City, but should talks progress with Pulis, Palace would indeed be boosted by the 55-year-old's arrival."

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Pulis has galvanised the whole club.
The defence, who were shocking under Ollie, now look solid, and we look able to defend a 1 goal lead at ease.
Third favourites to go down ? Possibly, we have some tough games coming up ( starting with the Arse on Sunday) but we have more spirit and a never say die attitude than any of the other relegation teams .

I think your lucky that there is 3 or 4 other teams who are absolute pile of poo. You are marginally better than a pile of poo, so I think you will be safe with a few games to go.

Fulham
West Ham
Cardiff
with Norwich hanging on by there teeth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here