Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I thought it was interesting in the video the club put out of him walking around at the club that he met with Welbeck. The rest of the players aren't back until, what, next week, I think. So why's Danny so keen? Not that that's a bad thing.

To start an unfounded rumor, maybe they are thinking about Danny for some kind of coaching role in addition to playing duties? Or perhaps they asked him to come in early since they see him as a leader amongst the players (and with Dunk currently warming the bench in Germany)?
Probably simply working on pre-season fitness :shrug:

Jun 13, 2024
probably not but you don’t have to read my posts - I was simply expanding on a reply I had made in response to someone earlier wondering what catchphrases Hürzeler uses. 🤷‍♂️

Given the months and months and numerous threads where people analysed every tiny nuance of the words RDZ used, pages and pages on tactical analysis and detailed analysis of numerous other subjects from beer to god knows what, incuding a whole thread on Hürzeler’s hair ffs, I’m not sure two short posts from me referring to one of Hürzeler’s catchphrases qualifies as “over analysis “ on NSC :lolol:

Interview/presser on BHA website now if anyone missed it (apologies if fixtures)

"Durchlaufen" while the team is attacking can mean that you encourage the player who has the ball to go on forward keeping the ball without hesitating. It can mean: go on, courage! And addressing those without ball involved in the attack it means more ore less the the same. Run through and open space/opportunities get nearer ho the opponents box. Don't hesitate.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
"Durchlaufen" while the team is attacking can mean that you encourage the player who has the ball to go on forward keeping the ball without hesitating. It can mean: go on, courage! And addressing those without ball involved in the attack it means more ore less the the same. Run through and open space/opportunities get nearer ho the opponents box. Don't hesitate.
FH’s game plan - play with RDZ balls and attack attack attack 🙂

Thanks.

Do you recall it being a catchphrase of Hürzeler’s at StP?

Jun 13, 2024
FH’s game plan - play with RDZ balls and attack attack attack 🙂

Thanks.

Do you recall it being a catchphrase of Hürzeler’s at StP?
No, I didn't hear him shout it or I don't remember. Who said it was a common expression of Fabi? Somebody who usually watches the training sessions or stands near the bank?

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
No, I didn't hear him shout it or I don't remember. Who said it was a common expression of Fabi? Somebody who usually watches the training sessions or stands near the bank?
I honestly don’t know - as I said originally, I read it in an article weeks ago - I think it may have been quoting a player so perhaps it was a dressing room thing or in training?

It’s not a big deal - it was just a light hearted mention because someone was listing all our previous managers catchphrases and was asking if FH had any. Thanks for help with the translation.

Jun 13, 2024
I honestly don’t know - as I said originally, I read it in an article weeks ago - I think it may have been quoting a player so perhaps it was a dressing room thing or in training?

It’s not a big deal - it was just a light hearted mention because someone was listing all our previous managers catchphrases and was asking if FH had any. Thanks for help with the translation.
Ah yes I remember, you read it in an article. 👍 Catchy phrase, that's right.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Ah yes I remember, you read it in an article. 👍 Catchy phrase, that's right.
Yes.

Another St Pauli fan on NSC also mentioned it here as it happens - (someone that has a really solid understanding of FH and his tactics at FCSP from reading his excellent posts on NSC).

One of his known for catch phrases is: "Durchlaufen!" Which translates do "Follow through".
He is insisting his tactical demands are being followed.

Last edited:

hughfromalice

Sep 8, 2022
Very interesting analysis of FH's tactics by James Lawrence Allcott. He extols the creativity, flexibility based on how the opposition team members are positioned on the pitch and super smart use of space and reckons Albion are going to give their opponents a lot to think about this season. Above all, he reckons FH brings a great sense of fun and excitement to the game.

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
Very interesting analysis of FH's tactics by James Lawrence Allcott. He extols the creativity, flexibility based on how the opposition team members are positioned on the pitch and super smart use of space and reckons Albion are going to give their opponents a lot to think about this season. Above all, he reckons FH brings a great sense of fun and excitement to the game.

Definitely the best tactical breakdown I’ve seen so far - feels like we’re in for some fun in terms of bamboozling opponents (initially at least). Love JLA’s stuff, FWIW.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here