Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Film 2003's worst 10 films of all time

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Pearl Harbour was utter utter pants and deserves to be right up there, had so much potential yet the end tresult was total gubbins!

Blair Witch was a quality film when you consider it was made for pittance, it was basically a victim of its own success as the hype it drew meant the punters didnt take it for it really was. If anyone had not ever heard of it and watched it on channel 4 just because they happened to flick onto it would enjoy it and probably be spooked.

Titanic was a film i refused to go and see at the cinema cos I thought it would be shit and when I actually watched it on tv a few Xmas's back I hate to admit I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I would personally have had the last star wars effort at number 1, never have I been so dissapointed watching a film I expected so much more from, though after chapter 1 I should have guessed the reviews hailing it as good as Empire were all complete arse.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its hard to defend Pearl Harbour, cos it really was a steaming great pile of yankee jingoistic crap, there's no getting away from that. And it has the most tedious, pointless, couldn't-give-a-f***-about-the-characters "love story" weaved into it as well, which accounts for the first 90 minutes.

But I still bought it on DVD. Why ? Because the 2nd 90 minutes has one of the most thrilling, exciting, exhilerating battles scenes ever filmed, and when you crank that baby up on 5.1 Surround Sound, it abso-feckin-lutely ROCKS. I know its all superficial eye-candy, but I nearly wet meself when I first put that on in my front room. OK, so I'm shallow.

Bet you're all glad you don't live next door to me.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Let's face it, these are not the Worst 10 films ever, as the worst 10 would be films we've never heard of because no-one ever saw them.

I saw clips of that dreadful thing the sisters from All Saints were in and that has to be worse than anything listed.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The batte scenes on Pearl Harbor were breathtakingly brilliant, and only 2nd to Saving Private Ryan, that in itself has artistic merit for me and would not be in the top 10 list.

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Gritt23 said:
I saw clips of that dreadful thing the sisters from All Saints were in and that has to be worse than anything listed.

You what? The scene where Natalie get's her tits out is worth the cost of the DVD on it's own.

Fantastic pair of jubblies that any female would be proud of.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Artois said:
You what? The scene where Natalie get's her tits out is worth the cost of the DVD on it's own.

Fantastic pair of jubblies that any female would be proud of.

But that makes it even worse. Save us all the pausing, rewinding etc and just repeat the scene over and over again for 90 mins with slow mo, reverse angle and directors cut. You could throw in an interview with each breast, and THAT's entertainment. Why have all the rest of the thing?

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Gritt23 said:
But that makes it even worse. Save us all the pausing, rewinding etc and just repeat the scene over and over again for 90 mins with slow mo, reverse angle and directors cut. You could throw in an interview with each breast, and THAT's entertainment. Why have all the rest of the thing?

Now we're talking :lol:

You're right though, the film is absolute shite.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
10. Highlander 2 - agree, utter cack
9. Eyes Wide Shut - pretencious rubbish, again fully agree
8. Battlefield Earth - appallingly bad, so bad it must have been deliberate
7. The Avengers - not seen it
6. Batman & Robin - Hmmm, I'd probably file this under "average"
5. The Blair Witch Project - Disagree. Not great, but at least it was different and original
4. Vaniila Sky - I liked it !
3. Pearl Harbor - disagree. Jingoistic yankee claptrap, but the battle scenes ROCK !
2. AI - Artificial Intelligence - it was alright. Some interesting images.
1. Titanic - get past the romantic schmaltz, and its pretty decent actually.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Just thought of one - Lambada! Truly, truly , TRULY awful...

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
out of that list - ive only watched titanic - and to sound very sad - i really like that movie!!

for rubbish movies - scooby doo (more like scooby don't) & spice world anyone?

and gigli - although i never watched it

Feckless Wastrel

Sep 12, 2003
Tundra
I'm not nominating this for worst film, but I thought The Matrix sailed pretty close to the wind.

Ninety-odd minutes very, very nearly ruined by Trinity's "Neo, I love you, but we only have fourteen hours to save the Earth!" schtick.

But Gladiator. Jesus, what a pile of offal. Syrup administered by shotgun. Cliche cliche cliche, from the name Maximus right through to the goody-baddy shootout. A tedious cardboard hero rivalling Nicholas Nickelby for piety and one-dimensionality.

Grubby and cynical. Hateful.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
enjoyed gladiator and matrix.
thought queen of the damned was shite along with traffic, and natural born killers.
best films
leon
jacobs ladder
strange days

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here