Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone joins Cadiz on one season loan

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
A lot can happen in two years. IIRC Andone had been on our radar for quite a long time before we got him. That the club followed him and eventually got him means that the recruitment guys , over an extended period of time, saw something worth while in him.

He undoubtedly brought a bit of bite into the team, and , as others have said THAT goal against Palace will remain part of the folklore forever, and demonstrated his potential.

So here we have a striker who we have all seen can do the business, is fast, offers something different, and is already ours.He appears to have been a bit temperamental and possibly wasn't the most popular in the dressing room. We have a manager famed for his various sports psychology degrees and the like, and is acknowledged as a great people manager as well as tactician. Is it not possible that the two working together have managed to end up with a player hungry to play after injury, who has now learned to become a better fit in the dressing room, nand now can chanel some of the alleged attitude and aggression into his playing style.

Potter has now had plenty of time to work with him, and if Andone has regained fitness, and tempered his attitude, with a very different dressing room, and a style of play which may well suit him we could well have , out of nowhere, a very useful player on our books. Surely if Potter thinks he is worth it, then it has to be worth giving him a chance, at the very least he will have till January to prove himself

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I do too. But I also have concerns that he is a red waiting to happen. We shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope - sorry - don't want him back. Too temperamental and a bad influence.

Thinking/hoping that Mr P and his approach to things will be looking to deal with that if he is to stay.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Unsure why so many consider him “mental” “bat shit crazy” and a liability he’s made one reckless challenge incurring a red card.

Duffy gets sent off during a key derby game vs palace and it’s regarded as passion?

Was Dale Stevens Bat Shit Crazy, how about dunk, lamptey?

Looking at his Insta he seems pretty normal, humble and family orientated

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Unsure why so many consider him “mental” “bat shit crazy” and a liability he’s made one reckless challenge incurring a red card.

Duffy gets sent off during a key derby game vs palace and it’s regarded as passion?

Was Dale Stevens Bat Shit Crazy, how about dunk, lamptey?

Looking at his Insta he seems pretty normal, humble and family orientated

Indeed! Dunk had two reds last season. One being the brain freeze pull back of the last man not far from the half way line against Wolves (I think it was) and the daft lunge in the box at Palace. But the guy’s rightly considered a legend and is our best defender.

This could be a clean slate, fresh start for Andone under GP. As others have said, he’d be an upgrade on Connelly who needs the proverbial loan season at a championship club.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If his attitude is that he wants to give things a real go with us next season, and he's over the injuries then we'd be silly not to see what he can do. Those are some big ifs though.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I hope he comes back with a little more aggression.
[MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION], time to revisit the '7' thread?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Will be an interesting few weeks ahead with him.

Is the problem Andone and his aggression, or....

Is the problem that Potter wont change his mind ?

I hope both are happy and Andone is in the team.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I hope he comes back with a little more aggression.

[MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION], time to revisit the '7' thread?

Dunk, Webster, Burn, Veltman, Maupay, Andone - If Sanchez is one of those quiet ones you have to watch out for we are ok, if not, need one of the midfielders to step in, Mwepu seems too nice off field, but maybe on the pitch he is an animal?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
More than happy to welcome him back. If he’s still got his pace, is accepted back in the squad and still hungry to prove he can do it at this level then he could be a massive addition to our attack. Not sure on his stats but from memory he scored some important goals for us, I’d like to think he can again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Never thought he would wear the shirt again.
Could be a good thing, as now he will have something to prove.
His and attitudes in the dressing room have probably changed.
If it works out then the investment will have paid off and money saved on not getting another striker.
Time will tell.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
In a recent interview, a couple of the players said Andone would be the worst player to be stuck in quarantine with because he doesn't shut up.

They were laughing so sounded to me like there was no hostility or animosity between them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Never thought he would wear the shirt again.
Could be a good thing, as now he will have something to prove.
His and attitudes in the dressing room have probably changed.
If it works out then the investment will have paid off and money saved on not getting another striker.
Time will tell.

Is it too early to say that it's too early to say, yet, or is it too early to say? ???

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
So you think we should get rid of Dunky then?

You’re comparing a player in Dunk who gets a red card in the Prem every 48 games. Huge difference!

If Dunk got a red card every 13 games then yes, that would be a problem in this made up scenario. As would Andone IF he gets carded often.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Is certainly be giving him a big cheer should he reappear in the stripes.
Real shame about his injury troubles while out on loan.
I still don't buy the idea he was bounced out for the red card. He was clearly a hot headed and discontented player when Potter arrived.
I've always presumed that with GP needing to establish himself and gain the respect and trust of the players there was no way Florin could be kept around while that happened.
Boots firmly under the table GP could have worked on him while putting up with his being a bit of a dick and without it making the rest of the squad see their boss as a soft touch or a bit of a joke.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
You’re comparing a player in Dunk who gets a red card in the Prem every 48 games. Huge difference!

If Dunk got a red card every 13 games then yes, that would be a problem in this made up scenario. As would Andone IF he gets carded often.

No I'm not comparing Dunk to Andone.
Just responding to the point made that it is a big issue if a player gets a needless red which leads to playing with 10 men and losing crucial points during a time when we have a lot of injuries.
Which is precisely what Dunky did last season.

Andone has been given 2 red cards (one retrospectively) in his career.
In my view, it isn't the most important issue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here