Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet Said We Have Spent 70% of our Transfer Budget Already

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Signing a free costs money as discussed, and add to that releasing someone to free up wages is only wages, so one in one out is nowhere near even. When you look at the sheer number of free signings that's about 70% of the budget (transfer fees all but balance) very realistic.

If we've signed 10 free transfers, averaged out as for ease of figures 1 million in fees, 4 more similar deals would be 400k of a 1.4 million total pot (roughly the 30% remaining). So I can see us being able to afford 3-4 more 'free' transfers averaging similar wages / bonues / fees to the 10 signed already. This works whether 100k is realistic or not as just scales.

If however you assume 2 loans would cost similar to one deal (Lua Lua and a defender), one vet DM on a single year contract being one deal, that would leave a 'double value' deal of the 4 deal pot, to acquire a striker for free on good wages / fees or else a small fee and average wages Barnes esk.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Fantastic stadium with average team makes ZERO sense...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Fantastic stadium with average team makes ZERO sense...

Neither does spending 13 years on a planning application but shit happens. You're being ridiculous. How about you buy this striker?

...and as for your signature, do you really think Tony has FORGOTTEN the playing side? Saints preserve us.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Most of our first team are on about £60-70k, there are some exceptions though.

Ok so that's roughly £1000 a week after tax etc which equates to £1,196,000 per anum for a 23 man squad. if we are four players short that leaves gus 350,000 per anum wages wise or roughly 5 players on 70k a year each I'd say nothing to panic about.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I blame Bloom, obviously doesnt know what he is doing, you cannot say things like 'Expecting top 2 next year' and then not significantly up the budget.

Please tell me you are taking the piss, blame Bloom for what exactly? Wanting automatic promotion, wanting the best for his team? You don't know what the budget is/was what the 70% Poyet talks about relates to, or if its all talk trying to get agents to lower their demands. Take your head out of your arse and take a look around the football world and tell me what is going on with clubs who spend beyond their means

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Neither does spending 13 years on a planning application but shit happens. You're being ridiculous. How about you buy this striker?

...and as for your signature, do you really think Tony has FORGOTTEN the playing side? Saints preserve us.

How ridiculous? Just giving my opinion, which you don't agree with... IMHO, the lickers like you need to think before you type, but I guess that is being ridiculous?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
How ridiculous? Just giving my opinion, which you don't agree with... IMHO, the lickers like you need to think before you type, but I guess that is being ridiculous?

What exactly is a licker? Defending the club against stupid posts from people who don't understand basic finance or seemingly what goes on in the football world on an internet forum? Then its pretty safe to assume that most people are 'lickers' and only a very small minority, albeit vocal, are attention seeking and thinking they know best

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Please tell me you are taking the piss, blame Bloom for what exactly? Wanting automatic promotion, wanting the best for his team? You don't know what the budget is/was what the 70% Poyet talks about relates to, or if its all talk trying to get agents to lower their demands. Take your head out of your arse and take a look around the football world and tell me what is going on with clubs who spend beyond their means

Unfortunately, the clubs who spend beyond their means win FA Cups and face punishments that are so weak that they do it all over again...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
***binfest***

I've never been called a licker before. Pretty sure I'm just a moderate fan who supports the team an appreciates someone putting £100m of their own dosh into it.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Unfortunately, the clubs who spend beyond their means win FA Cups and face punishments that are so weak that they do it all over again...

So are you saying you would want us to spend beyond our means because you don't think we would be punished?

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy

I think he has a point.I'm starting to think that Bloom said these things to hype up season ticket sales ready for Falmer.I'm only speculating but it would seem a good tactical ploy by Bloom boasting he wants a top 2 finish.Fans will read into that and expect him to really push the boat out in the transfer market.
We now know this isn't the case as we have spent bugger all on ACTUAL FEES.
Lets face it season ticket sales at Withdean this year are up by quite a fair bit.Very shrewed Mr Bloom.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So where is this fantastic stadium for our average players this season?

Firstly, I didn't call our players average, so don't twist my words... read, think, type...

Secondly, 2 year contract = "You will be playing at the Amex"...

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Firstly, I didn't call our players average, so don't twist my words... read, think, type...

Secondly, 2 year contract = "You will be playing at the Amex"...

:lolol:

I can't stand people who do that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here