Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoskins, Sparrow, Vincelot - Disgraceful treatment!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Please show me where Hoskins has been told that he no longer fits in Poyet's plans. I remember Poyet issuing him with a challenge and singing his praises before he got injured again. whilst a player is still at the club I hope that the player is given the chance to prove his worth and a chance to earn a place in the team.

and DARE I say it he might be the hidden "GEM" within the squad

Feb 14, 2010
Bottom line is that I dont expect loyalty from a player and in return I dont expect the club to show a player anything other than the door when its time to get rid. The deal works both ways.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
They are professional footballers, they already have most of the power- if you think they need more coddling then you're wrong, they get enough and in most cases treated better then all of us in our professional lives. Stop feeling sorry for them.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
I think the club and Gus are being honest with them thereby giving them a better chance of finding somewhere. I would imagine they were told at the end of last season and as nothing had happened since then they made it public to maybe alert the football world that they are available. After they have done that, what would be the point of including them in the squad? not sure about the Hoskins thing though. Hope he is given a chance.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Er .... welcome to football!

Never seen this happen at Brighton before, and it certainly isn't the norm in football. But thanks for the welcome, 15 years ago I would have appreciated it.

They're shit. That's my 2 cents.

Compared to, what? Sorry for asking for a bit of thought.

Or in other words "OH MY GOD! I am disgraced that someone I don't know MIGHT be upset by this!"

No, that's ridiculous. I said that I find the whole situation in poor taste, I never spoke for the players. Obviously. It's funny how many people don't actually contribute to a thread they're posting in, and prefer instead to make a "witty" snide comment.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
I find the club's treatment of these players shockingly bad and totally unprofessional, they were signed in good faith and in the case of Sparrow played for several years, the other two were barely given a chance and now are not even listed as first team players on the website/programme.

If Gus thinks he can force them out to cover up his poor judgement of signing them in the first place and then discovering they don't fit his requirements, I think he may have a fight with the PFA. They do not deserve to be treated like this (whatever may have gone on behind the scenes) and I doubt the rest of the dressing room are impressed with the club treating contracted players in this manner.

In the case of sparrow. He is an excellent league 1 player. He was never cutting in the championship he proved that at scunny so why not just offload last year.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Gus: O.k. Guys, you are not in my plans, no hard feelings, you can stay and train with us for now, but you will need to find a new club to get football.

Players: It's cool boss, we like it here. :whistle:

Gus: :annoyed:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Gus: O.k. Guys, you are not in my plans, no hard feelings, you can stay and train with us for now, but you will need to find a new club to get football.

Players: It's cool boss, we like it here. :whistle:

Gus: :annoyed:

:lolol: Best post in the thread by a country mile, unfortunately for me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here