Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How will you feel if you vote for the losing side in the referendum ?

How will you feel if you vote for the losing side in the referendum ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Wether you have issues with farage or not he speaks his mind and is mostly spot on with an abundance of knowledge....I'd rather have someone like that than these slippery lying twats like Cameron who gets run by every leader especially Obama,bloody embarrassing!!!

Farage will only be in UKIP anyway and boris would be better than Cameron that's for sure.
When was the last time we had a strong passionate leader?

There are plenty of strong passionate leaders who have done unspeakable things. What I want in my leader is COMpassion - for my fellow humans. Farage is an absolutely odious individual who peddles hatred and bile (imho)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
There are plenty of strong passionate leaders who have done unspeakable things. What I want in my leader is COMpassion - for my fellow humans. Farage is an absolutely odious individual who peddles hatred and bile (imho)
These politicians are living in a different world to most of us and it's all about the money and self gain.Its an elite of power hungry numpties who don't actually give a shite about the poorer classes in society.
Farage maybe odious to you but he is basically spot on all the time and speaks his mind unlike many others who are to scared of doing so....cutting immigration is a must and should be highlighted as much as possible as it's becoming pretty grim out there for many millions.
The future is really bleak if we stay "in" and it's unsustainable at the current rate!!!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
If remain win my opinion is we will be so very screwed its hard to contemplate.

To begin with the arrogant brussels scumbags will see it as vindication of their authoritarian approach and delusional view of having a manifest destiny.

All the nasties they are hiding will be pulled out the closet.

Its very very scary.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Do it, join Nibble...or not, or might go, or not really going to go, or look at me i might seriously consider going.

Er... what?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Wether you have issues with farage or not he speaks his mind and is mostly spot on with an abundance of knowledge....I'd rather have someone like that than these slippery lying twats like Cameron who gets run by every leader especially Obama,bloody embarrassing!!!

Farage will only be in UKIP anyway and boris would be better than Cameron that's for sure.
When was the last time we had a strong passionate leader?

This must be a time to invoke Godwins Law...

For me, I expect a bit of a cull of friends on Facebook, as a fair few will be insufferable *****.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Mostly angry that the referendum has been used as a Trojan Horse to push Thatcherite idealogy back into control of the country.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Scottish referendum became increasingly spiteful and hate filled the nearer we got to the vote and I can see the same things happening in our referendum. I have at least one FB friend who is becoming increasing rabid for Brexit and another unrelated FB friend who calmly shoots down the Brexit FB posts with analysis and facts. This seemed to be the same as in Scotland with pro-exit campaigners getting increasingly extreme. I fear that whatever the result the country will take some time to heal. This could really put the Tories in to long term turmoil too.

Last edited:

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
The Scottish referendum became increasingly spiteful and hate filled the nearer we got to the vote and I can see the same things happening in our referendum. I have at least one FB friend who is becoming increasing rabid for Brexit and another unrelated FB friend who calmly shoots down the Brexit FB posts with analysis and facts. This seemed to be the same as in Scotland with pro-exit campaigners getting increasingly extreme. I fear that whatever the result the country will take some time to heal. This could really put the Tories in to long term turmoil too.

The referendum decision goes way beyond party lines. Whether your politics are red, blue or somewhere in the middle you have membership riven between in and out. The reflection on whether the right choice was made next week will last a generation and affect us all profoundly.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I have at least one FB friend who is becoming increasing rabid for Brexit and another unrelated FB friend who calmly shoots down the Brexit FB posts with analysis and facts..

Your perception of the comments is affected by your own view. You only see it as analysis and facts because you agree with them, to your Brexit friend those "analysis and facts" might seem equally as rabid.

I've seen loads of people on the leave side posting supposed 'facts' from organisations that aren't impartial and rely on EU funding such as the OECD. Little things like this are all adding to the toxic atmosphere, and I'm not having a go or anything because I'm just as guilty of it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Your perception of the comments is affected by your own view. You only see it as analysis and facts because you agree with them, to your Brexit friend those "analysis and facts" might seem equally as rabid.

I've seen loads of people on the leave side posting supposed 'facts' from organisations that aren't impartial and rely on EU funding such as the OECD. Little things like this are all adding to the toxic atmosphere, and I'm not having a go or anything because I'm just as guilty of it.

Interesting perception....I have not replied or commented on any of my friends posts as I did not feel like stoking the fire and making things worse, also I rather like him and as long as his views and his posts are not too offensive I think he has the right to post them. The similarities between the Scottish and EU referendums are amazing in their polarity, those campaigning for out in both show exactly the same tendency towards anger and spite. I can't recall supporters of the In campaign showing this trait with such venom.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If I am on the losing side, I fear I will be considerably poorer.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The referendum decision goes way beyond party lines. Whether your politics are red, blue or somewhere in the middle you have membership riven between in and out. The reflection on whether the right choice was made next week will last a generation and affect us all profoundly.

Mostly it is the Tories who are more split, agreed there are Ins/Outs in all tha main parties but nominally the Lib/dems, Labour,SNP seem to be showing more solid In support. The Tory problem is there was guaranteed to be a leadership election before the term is out anyway and the new post-Cameron leader will have his work cut out uniting a party split .

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
These politicians are living in a different world to most of us and it's all about the money and self gain. Its an elite of power hungry numpties who don't actually give a shite about the poorer classes in society.

That is certainly true of plenty. Boris Johnson is a prime example - Bullingdon club toff, British when it suits, American when it suits - until they invited him to pay his tax dues. Staunch supporter of Britain IN the EU, until he saw that pinning his colours to the out campaign was to his personal benefit. He doesn't give a **** about you, or me.

It is however, absolutely NOT true of ALL politicians. I suggest you take five minutes to read the obituaries to the young mother who was murdered yesterday for trying to help her constituents. Read about her life and career - from packing toothpaste in a factory, to winning a scholarship to become the first member of her family to attend University, to aid work with oprhans and war refugees in Africa, to a decade of charity work, before standing as an MP in the constituency where she grew up, to fight for what she believed in.

Tarring with a wide brush is never helpful.

Farage maybe odious to you but he is basically spot on all the time and speaks his mind unlike many others who are to scared of doing so

Does he speak his mind? Truly? Or does he just roll out obvious sound-bites to an audience hearing exactly what they want to hear? For example, does he really care about the fishermen? His failure to attend 37 out of 38 meetings where he was supposed to fight for their interests should tell you far more about how much he really cares, than his opportunist use of them on the Thames. There are plenty of other examples. Farage's noble 'fight' for Britishness has made him famous and rich(er).

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Interesting perception....I have not replied or commented on any of my friends posts as I did not feel like stoking the fire and making things worse, also I rather like him and as long as his views and his posts are not too offensive I think he has the right to post them. The similarities between the Scottish and EU referendums are amazing in their polarity, those campaigning for out in both show exactly the same tendency towards anger and spite. I can't recall supporters of the In campaign showing this trait with such venom.

Some of the many comments made against supporters of Brexit both on NSC and elsewhere ... Racists, Xenophobes, Ignorant Little Englanders, Sun reading scum, Nazis etc etc.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Will be greatly disappointed if we leave.

Will be angry when the pound slides 15%, and growth collapses as we have been well warned it will.

Will be deeply saddened when the country plunges into an avoidable recession.

Will be furious when in a fantastically misguided effort to hit a meaningless target thousands of highly productive and educated Europeans are told they are not welcome.

Will be bitter as the UK drifts into middling anonymity while the big decisions are taken by the US, EU and China.

Since no-one actually knows what will happen, how will you feel if we leave and none of those things happen ?

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Some of the many comments made against supporters of Brexit both on NSC and elsewhere ... Racists, Xenophobes, Ignorant Little Englanders, Sun reading scum, Nazis etc etc.

I don't think it helps that the higher profile Brexiters are people like Gove, Hopkins, Farage, Johnson and organisations like Britain First. They are quite divisive in how they articulate themselves, which is unfortunate for people who put forward reasonable concerns/arguments for Leave.

On NSC, it's the usual people with their vitriolic statements and contempt ON BOTH SIDES.

D

Deleted member 22389

I'd suspect many Brits are upping sticks and one day hopefully I will too :)

Country has gone to the wall, sold down the river, it has been slowly going down the pan for last 15 years.
Basic manners, common sense have all gone out of the window.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here