Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall **Singed for Chelsea 02/07/2024**

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
He did but nobody gazumped Chelsea as far as I know.
I was thinking of players who binned playing every week for the pay packet and a place on the bench, only getting on in cup competitions against lower league clubs. Likely to be what happens to KDH if he signs for Chelsea

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was thinking of players who binned playing every week for the pay packet and a place on the bench, only getting on in cup comptetitions against lower league clubs. Likely to be what happens to KDH if he signs for Chelsea
Of course, but that’s always happened especially since Sky started football.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I don’t blame Leicester, they were looking for a deal and were happy to go ahead, KDH has shown loyalty to them and would seem to be happy to stay at his boyhood club. Chelsea on the other hand are stone-cold career killers, hoarding and churning talented young players out on loan after loan. They are a battery farm club. We move on looking for the next deal.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So our big target was not signed in January and now he’s not coming at all?

Still, at least we’re doing the most important thing, hanging onto that cold, hard cash. Never mind the team, just LOOK at those spreadsheets.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Still, at least we’re doing the most important thing, hanging onto that cold, hard cash. Never mind the team, just LOOK at those spreadsheets.
Seems an unnecessary dig, we are clearly trying to spend the money and make signings but they’ve got to be the right ones.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

So what exactly would you do to convince him to come here? What would be your maximum weekly wage you'd offer to fend off the Chelsea wallets and the allure of a "big" team? Bear in mind it seems it was RDZ who foiled the January transfer not the cash.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So what exactly would you do to convince him to come here? What would be your maximum weekly wage you'd offer to fend off the Chelsea wallets and the allure of a "big" team? Bear in mind it seems it was RDZ who foiled the January transfer not the cash.
Maybe we could have offered a bit more money in January? I’m not naive enough to think we can compete with Chelsea financially, but they weren’t involved in January.

Having watched the second half of last season implode after failing to acquire players in key areas in January I don’t exactly think I’m being unreasonable when I suggest that maybe we’re not doing this transfer thing very well at the moment. Especially given we appear to be ushering players in a key position toward the exit in Gross and Moder.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Trying to woo a player from an English club over a protracted period in full public glare, carries a huge risk it’ll go wrong. The selling club and agent will optimise other interest from all and sundry, we’re competing with a long list of clubs who’ll cheat financially and generally offer vastly greater wages.

The talk on NSC for months was us benefiting in the build up to 30 June 2024, from P&S fire-sales by Forest, Leicester, Villa and Chelsea. Albion’s honest accounting and huge past profits, bringing pay back.

Looks like that didn’t pan out at all. Never underestimate this crooked league and the cockiness of players/agents in England.

TB wouldn’t like it how two KDH’s sagas were played out through widespread media coverage.

Perhaps very private deals for overseas players are our thing?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Maybe we could have offered a bit more money in January? I’m not naive enough to think we can compete with Chelsea financially, but they weren’t involved in January.

Having watched the second half of last season implode after failing to acquire players in key areas in January I don’t exactly think I’m being unreasonable when I suggest that maybe we’re not doing this transfer thing very well at the moment. Especially given we appear to be ushering players in a key position toward the exit in Gross and Moder.
But according to our sources on here it was RDZ who somehow scuppered the deal in January. Obviously I haven’t got a clue what the truth is but it's clearly not a simple process if you haven't got the financial clout to effectively force the deal through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here