Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I'm not really that bothered by us not getting him and why Chelsea want him is beyond me.
This all seems a little too noisy for us and I'm wondering (more hoping really) this may just be the smoke and mirrors for the real signing.
He was largely mediocre in the Prem the season Leicester went down, and yes he was very good last season in the championship in a team that ignored FFP/PSR (or whatever it's called) to get promoted back up.
Lot of money for a squad player, and I'd sooner we spent it on someone younger I've not heard of with a flair name, that may or may not be any good whatsoever.
No doubt he'll score against us when we play them.
:albion2:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I want us to sign someone I've never heard of not Foxes left overs!
We all knew who Pedro was
I'm not really that bothered by us not getting him and why Chelsea want him is beyond me.
This all seems a little too noisy for us and I'm wondering (more hoping really) this may just be the smoke and mirrors for the real signing.
He was largely mediocre in the Prem the season Leicester went down, and yes he was very good last season in the championship in a team that ignored FFP/PSR (or whatever it's called) to get promoted back up.
Lot of money for a squad player, and I'd sooner we spent it on someone younger I've not heard of with a flair name, that may or may not be any good whatsoever.
No doubt he'll score against us when we play them.
:albion2:
Why do you think it’s all smoke and mirrors? We haven’t convinced one recent top target to sign and have massive holes in the midfield.
The narrative the club is genius and is out to fool everyone in the transfer market is wearing thin.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
We haven’t signed any nobodies in midfield for ages

Who are they then? We only have so many players on the books. Say specifically who you think will be developed into that level, or even close, of player.

Your just parroting the clubs PR and ignoring the players we actually have. It's true we went through a period of signing lots of unknown gems. That production line seems to have slowed massively and we've not added many decent young players at all recently.
To say we have two generations of high class midfielders waiting in the wings is very, very questionable. Do you also think the background staff are as good as they were 2 years ago? This list of unknown top talent to replace everyone has not worked out recently.

We spent a minimum of 6 months actively pursuing him. He was almost certainly top of the list. Will we sign a secondary target? Hopefully but I wouldn't say definitely.
U23 establishing (lets say 10+ games) themselves in the first team in Brightonian PL years:

2017/18

Solly March
Izzy Brown

2018/19
Yves Bissouma

2019/20
Steven Alzate
Aaron Connolly
Neal Maupay

(some would argue Lamptey & Ali Mac but numbers wise it didn't happen until next season)

2020/21
Robert Sanchez
Jakub Moder
Tariq Lamptey
Alexis Mac Allister
Ben White
Andi Zeqiri

2021/22
Marc Cucurella
Moises Caicedo
(Sarmiento just missing out)

2022/23
Levi Colwill
Jan Paul van Hecke
Billy Gilmour
Julio Enciso
Facundo Buonanotte
Jeremy Sarmiento
Evan Ferguson

2023/24
Bart Verbruggen
Carlos Baleba
Jack Hinshelwood
Ansu Fati (lmao)
Simon Adingra
Joao Pedro

NOTHING is indicating that the club is slowing down. Sure, next season there will be fewer U23s establishing themselves in the first team - maybe only 3 or 4. But thats because less key players are going to leave this summer. Most of the ground work is already done. The club bought five U23 players in January and I expect at least the same this summer.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005

Why do you think it’s all smoke and mirrors? We haven’t convinced one recent top target to sign and have massive holes in the midfield.
The narrative the club is genius and is out to fool everyone in the transfer market is wearing thin.
It's more a hope than a belief.
I don't think the club are particularly genius, I just think we've been scouting better markets and frugal in our acquisitions. Signing KDH would be neither of those.
I don't think he's half as good as most on here seem to think he is. I don't think he's a bad player, just average and at 25 may already be nearing his peak.
I totally agree, there is still a huge hole in midfield that we've failed to address. But KDH doesn't fill that hole, injuries aside (Hoping many are back next season) look at our squad. He doesn't make the first eleven better, and with everyone fit does he even get on the bench?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

Not true. Barco, Fati and Dahoud are good examples where we got exactly what we wanted. Verbruggen was probably number one among the young goalies as well.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Get a grip. The only reason these deals don’t go through is that Tony Bloom has a limit to what he will spend his money on and if another club is bidding higher then we miss out. The recruitment team are only playing by Tony’s rules and they have done pretty well for us overall.
But we need to be fluid. Now might be the time to flex our policy for 1 week then revert back

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
But we need to be fluid. Now might be the time to flex our policy for 1 week then revert back
But you do understand how flexing the policy for one week impacts the whole system don't you? It's the wages that are the issue and if we suddenly said to KDH that we'll make an exception and pay you £120k a week in order to get you to sign, that that affects every other player on the books and every other potential signing.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
But you do understand how flexing the policy for one week impacts the whole system don't you? It's the wages that are the issue and if we suddenly said to KDH that we'll make an exception and pay you £120k a week in order to get you to sign, that that affects every other player on the books and every other potential signing.
Wages were not an issue. Chelsea were

I’m not talking about that transfer exclusively. We should be attacking these clubs in financial difficulty.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Wages were not an issue. Chelsea were

I’m not talking about that transfer exclusively. We should be attacking these clubs in financial difficulty.
I'm sure we are but a) there has to be a player that we specifically want from one of these clubs and b) we will be be competing for players with other clubs so there are no guarantees. Plus we know all these clubs are doing their best to cheat their way out of their financial difficulties.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Tbh don't think players care about the Europa league. £££ is all that matters.
The Europe factor is definitely overestimated by fans. It’s really special to us, but to your average player it’s just another 6-13 games to play for the same wage.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I reckon this still has some way to run. Chelsea act like a bunch of tw@ts , well not really act because they aren't really acting. As I see it:

i)Leicester and Albion have ongoing discussions to finalise this and Skodaman's transfer.
ii)Chelsea directly communicate with and tap up KDH to destabilise the ongoing deal.
iii)KDH doesn't say no to the Albion but waits to hear what Chelsea are proposing. It's obvious that they will pay more than the Albion so his agent will be on a better cut.
iv)Leicester are now well and truly p!ssed off with Chelsea. as they need to sell by midnight Sunday 30th June to have a chance to keep onside with FFP.

I think we will still get our man with Skodaman going the other way but really Chelsea are by far and away the most obnoxious bunch of nasties that currently reside on the PL. Yuck!

TNBA

TTF

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
I reckon this still has some way to run. Chelsea act like a bunch of tw@ts , well not really act because they aren't really acting. As I see it:

i)Leicester and Albion have ongoing discussions to finalise this and Skodaman's transfer.
ii)Chelsea directly communicate with and tap up KDH to destabilise the ongoing deal.
iii)KDH doesn't say no to the Albion but waits to hear what Chelsea are proposing. It's obvious that they will pay more than the Albion so his agent will be on a better cut.
iv)Leicester are now well and truly p!ssed off with Chelsea. as they need to sell by midnight Sunday 30th June to have a chance to keep onside with FFP.

I think we will still get our man with Skodaman going the other way but really Chelsea are by far and away the most obnoxious bunch of nasties that currently reside on the PL. Yuck!

TNBA

TTF
Love your optimism TTF...but time to move on imo. He doesn't want us and that's his perogative. It's all about the money I'm afraid...so as I see it they are perfect for each other.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

TNBA

TTF
I’d like to agree with you but if a player says no to you at the stage he has then I think that’s that.
I think it’s possible the deal with Chelsea could go tits up and that he stays at Leicester, but most likely that Chelsea get it over the line somehow as they now have to to keep face. ( they make every deal so public)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
One of NSCs most predictable phenomena.

We don't land a moderately high profile signing and all the moaners gather round the corpse of the deal and peck away at the club.
I repeat what I said yesterday. We’ve just watched a season fall apart in the second half, and lost a hugely popular manager as a result, off the back of more than one very average transfer window.

I think it’s nuts to dismiss people’s concern in this way. And it’s not just because KDH was some sort of golden ticket, it’s indicative of a trend.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I’d like to agree with you but if a player says no to you at the stage he has then I think that’s that.
I think it’s possible the deal with Chelsea could go tits up and that he stays at Leicester, but most likely that Chelsea get it over the line somehow as they now have to to keep face. ( they make every deal so public)
Has he said no though? From various Tweets I think he has not committed with a definite yes. Slightly different tone set IMHO.

TNBA

TTF

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I repeat what I said yesterday. We’ve just watched a season fall apart in the second half, and lost a hugely popular manager as a result, off the back of more than one very average transfer window.

I think it’s nuts to dismiss people’s concern in this way. And it’s not just because KDH was some sort of golden ticket, it’s indicative of a trend.
Disagree. The problem with the second half of our season has just landed in the south of France, not our incredibly successful recruitment department who have far more credit in the bank than the just under one season wonder Mardy from Lombardy.

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Not true. Barco, Fati and Dahoud are good examples where we got exactly what we wanted. Verbruggen was probably number one among the young goalies as well.
If Kudus had signed there is no way Fati rocks up for another £7m, Igor doesn’t sign if Colwill had been signed who was obviously the preferred target.
Barco was a long standing target for a small fee & Bart was competition with Burnley only ever going to be one winner there, no disrespect to Burnley.
Dahoud wasn’t terrible and maybe has a fresh start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here