Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Wonder who our back up target for this position is then. I'd love that baumgartner from Austria after seeing him in this euros but I suspect he will be in demand.

1901Seagulls

Nov 13, 2023
I don’t know if this has been mentioned here before? If KDH wanted a larger salary that has never been paid before for our players, (and he shouldn’t be even paid the same as “Dunk” for example) then, The Club have correctly pulled-out of this deal (if indeed, this was the then main reason?). In any case, once we give in to these type of demands, then in the future, Agent’s will insist at least the same wages for their clients Then we will lose any upper hand, we once had with Agents.

“In Tony I trust”! How many other Premiership club fan’s, can say the same thing about their owners and Chairmans?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I don’t know if this has been mentioned here before? If KDH wanted a larger salary that has never been paid before for our players, (and he shouldn’t be even paid the same as “Dunk” for example) then, The Club have correctly pulled-out of this deal (if indeed, this was the then main reason?). In any case, once we give in to these type of demands, then in the future, Agent’s will insist at least the same wages for their clients Then we will lose any upper hand, we once had with Agents.

“In Tony I trust”! How many other Premiership club fan’s, can say the same thing about their owners and Chairmans?
We didn’t pull out of the deal. He dumped us.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

why shouldn’t he be paid more than Dunk out of interest ? KDH has a much higher ceiling / potential than where Dunk is now. Plus Dunks last deal was a couple of years back now wasn’t it ?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
So KDH passes medical earlier in week but we still allowed time for Chelsea to scupper deal.

As I said our execution of deals is far too slow and sloppy.

Not for me, Clive. We can't make our targets sign by dangling them over a balcony à la Suge Knight. If someone comes in with a better offer, there's not much we can do. Surely, you don't expect us to compete financially with the likes of Chelsea.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Not for me, Clive. We can't make our targets sign by dangling them over a balcony à la Suge Knight. If someone comes in with a better offer, there's not much we can do. Surely, you don't expect us to compete financially with the likes of Chelsea.
If he’s had a medical it suggests deal agreed with LC and personal terms in place with player. To not have it signed sealed and delivered days later is suicidal when you have vultures like Chelsea lurking.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If he’s had a medical it suggests deal agreed with LC and personal terms in place with player. To not have it signed sealed and delivered days later is suicidal when you have vultures like Chelsea lurking.
I think you’re underestimating the role of agents.
It’s not like the 80s/90s, when a shake of the hand etc was ‘deal done’, it’s to the agents advantage to squeeze every last penny as they get a bigger cut.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
He must have got wind of the Chelsea interest just before, or at least, straight after the medical. I don't think we would just take a couple of days off and go 'we're off to pub, let's finish this off tomorrow'.

We've been outbid by a club more likely to challenge higher up the table, it happens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here