Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Lets not hope its a bad injury:ohmy:

Speedy recovery.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Agreed. Class player. didn't have his best game tonight but still, hope he recovers ASAP.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well he wasn't lying down when stretchered off, I expect El Abd will shift to his position and Virgo will be back.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I think they mentioned his knee. :shrug:

More news in the morning I guess.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Looked like a broken leg, but I was viewing from a long way away. Shame because we will badly miss him. All the best Marcos
I'm not sure actually, he looked in real pain at first but then seemed to recover a bit, even to point of trying to get back to his feet. He seemed to be able to bend both legs freely as well.

Perhaps its just wishful thinking but I really don't think its that serious. at least I sincerely hope not!

Last edited:

Swansea

Jan 13, 2010
I hope its not his knee again was out for 9 months last season C/ligaments we have been struggling oursleves left back as soon as we give him to you 3 of our defenders got injured sods law but hope he is ok the goals against tally certainly reduced in recent weeks hope Painter had a hand in that.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It would be a big blow as Painter has gone from strength to strength in the last couple of months. McNulty's loan was only for a month so could be back in for the final few games of the season.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
he was outstanding down in front of us at oldham. gutted if he's out for a while. he's a decent intelligent clean living class player whos is giving everything for the albion, unlike some loanees in recent seasons.

get well soon

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I hope its not his knee again was out for 9 months last season C/ligaments we have been struggling oursleves left back as soon as we give him to you 3 of our defenders got injured sods law but hope he is ok the goals against tally certainly reduced in recent weeks hope Painter had a hand in that.

Yes, yes he did. He has been superb for us. A great defender.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
hes been a quality addition. one we will miss if hes out for the rest of the season.

might be tough,but we could do alot worse than signing him permanantely

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

He's been quality, in a reserved sort of way. He doesn't set the world alight going forwards like alot of full backs try to do today, but nothing gets past him at the back. Just what we needed, hope he's not too badly injured.

Swansea

Jan 13, 2010
Perhaps not the time to be talking transfers after a injury but hopfully it is minor but I think Swansea would sell for a small fee they have a massive squad which Sousa is desperate to get down.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
Perhaps not the time to be talking transfers after a injury but hopfully it is minor but I think Swansea would sell for a small fee they have a massive squad which Sousa is desperate to get down.

true.an awesome player tho.just hope his injury isnt too bad and he recovers alright

Swansea

Jan 13, 2010
Ooh - like that little nugget of information.

It is no secret they have 42 players and he wants to bring it down to 24 there will be a massive clear out in the summer a lot will go for free if we can get someone to take them Martinez offered contracts to players who were never going to be able to compete for a first team place which have left this situation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here