Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marcos Painter

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
No fee - his contract is up at the end of the season.

He has stated on at least two occasions that he would like to be a regular feature here in Brighton.

Swansea

Jan 13, 2010
He is 23 so as long as we offer him a contract of what he is on now we would be entitled to a fee the same with Macdonald at Yeovil

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010
If i was at swansea painter woudnt be goin anywhere,best leftback brighton have had for years,sorry kerry,why?he CAN defend vital for a fullback and neither marcos or calderon ever go on their arse well once tonight inigo did to block lamberts shot i hope marcos is not to badly injured cos mcnulty cant defend like him

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
He has a house in Brighton now, no hotels or none of that crap. Kemp Town crusader is Marcos Painter. An Albion stalwart in the making...:falmer:

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
He is 23 so as long as we offer him a contract of what he is on now we would be entitled to a fee the same with Macdonald at Yeovil

eh? If his contract runs out at the end of the season, then its up to him where he wants to go Shirley?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I too think he's been brilliant for us, & I'd love to see him on a permanent deal here. Fingers crossed it ain't his knee that's gone again (although it looked suspiciously like it to me). Here's to the lad making a full & speedy recovery innit.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
From The Argus..........Poyet played down fears over Marcos Painter, who was stretchered off in the final minutes, though Albion will know more tomorrow.

He said his left-back had taken a blow to the thigh and said: "It doesn't look bad. We need to check it.

"It's not the right time to get injured at Easter, with not many people working!"

Fingers crossed.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Sounds like he'll be out for a few weeks. Hope its not more serious than that. He has to be one of the players signed in the summer. FACT.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
eh? If his contract runs out at the end of the season, then its up to him where he wants to go Shirley?
It is but if Swansea offer him a contract that is at least the same terms as he's currently on then they'd be entitled to a fee if he declined it and signed elsewhere. No club would ever likely bother doing this for a player such as Painter who they (possibly) don't really want and they wouldn't get much for.

Is he really only 23 though?? :ohmy: He doesn't play like it. Hopefully nothing serious, though if it is McNulty should be given a chance, why people feel the need to write him off as useless now just because Painter is quality is beyond me.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I posted this on Sunday, but worth repeating - at the Tranmere game I sat quite close to his Dad and sister/partner (sorry, not sure which). After the game I had a quick chat with him and he said that Marcos was loving it at Brighton and really wanted to stay next season. Fingers crossed.....

Swansea

Jan 13, 2010
It is but if Swansea offer him a contract that is at least the same terms as he's currently on then they'd be entitled to a fee if he declined it and signed elsewhere. No club would ever likely bother doing this for a player such as Painter who they (possibly) don't really want and they wouldn't get much for.

Is he really only 23 though?? :ohmy: He doesn't play like it. Hopefully nothing serious, though if it is McNulty should be given a chance, why people feel the need to write him off as useless now just because Painter is quality is beyond me.

We did it last summer with Owen Tudor Jones who went to Norwich there was no way we wanted to keep him we ended up with £250,000 but a lot was based on apperances and promotion he have hardly played but the promotion bit will be right. Painter is actaully 24 in August so maybe they will just give up on him he was ever present when we won league 1 and I think he will do well with you, I think that injury sounds not too serious if its his thigh.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
then its up to him where he wants to go Shirley?
It is, and don't call me Shirley.

(In honor of the passing of Peter Graves, and the immortal Airplane....)

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
From The Argus..........Poyet played down fears over Marcos Painter, who was stretchered off in the final minutes, though Albion will know more tomorrow.

He said his left-back had taken a blow to the thigh and said: "It doesn't look bad. We need to check it.

"It's not the right time to get injured at Easter, with not many people working!"

Fingers crossed.

Yeah, fingers crossed. It almost sounded like (and granted it's hard to tell on the radio) that he went down with a pain in his leg and immediately feared it was the knee again, hence the stretcher, etc. But was back up again (abeit gingerly) when he realised it wasn't.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I posted this on Sunday, but worth repeating - at the Tranmere game I sat quite close to his Dad and sister/partner (sorry, not sure which). After the game I had a quick chat with him and he said that Marcos was loving it at Brighton and really wanted to stay next season. Fingers crossed.....

Hope that's right Jim. Locking in Painter, Calderon, LuaLua and so on (and of course Gus) would be a real statement of intent for next season.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
An pedant writes...

The 'Shirley' line was delivered by Leslie Nielsen.

Physio: Marcos, how soon can you stand?
Painter: I can't tell.
Physio: You can tell me. I'm a doctor.
Painter: No. I mean I'm just not sure.
Physio: Well, can't you take a guess?
Painter: Well, not for another two minutes.
Physio: You can't take a guess for another two minutes?

:down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here