Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Must have started the setting up for lift off tomorrow. The "spacers" at the end of the arch sections have been taken off.

Stands by to be corrected.

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Must have started the setting up for lift off tomorrow. The "spacers" at the end of the arch sections have been taken off.

Stands by to be corrected.

Well spotted. I think the big day is likely to be Friday as the crane needs to untangled and raised - which according to NJ takes a whole day. JS could be in for a spectacular morning on Friday.

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
Well spotted. I think the big day is likely to be Friday as the crane needs to untangled and raised - which according to NJ takes a whole day. JS could be in for a spectacular morning on Friday.

Friday morning is definately when this will happen I have crane company contacts

if anyone actually wants any crane spec information then I can gladly post this (its quite boring)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Friday morning is definately when this will happen I have crane company contacts

if anyone actually wants any crane spec information then I can gladly post this (its quite boring)

OK, can you advise me lifting capabilities on a telescopic boom for a Liebherr LTM1250/1
Thanks

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
585,000 lbs. @ 10' radius

at a guess

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Is there a special bracket for the crane operator to have a car number plate in his cab giving his nickname or does he have to improvise.

Is there a standard FM radio or is there a CD player with bluetooth ability for ipods.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Many thanks NJ. Roughly how long will it take to put up the 3 sections? Are we talking hours or days?

There are a lot of variables which will determine how quickly it gets completed. The weather forecast will play a big part as even moderate winds will stop the lift.

Originally it was programmed to lift every other day with setting up on the days between - roughly 5 days

It may well run like clockwork and be put in place a lot quicker, we'll have to see how things go.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
There are a lot of variables which will determine how quickly it gets completed. The weather forecast will play a big part as even moderate winds will stop the lift.

Originally it was programmed to lift every other day with setting up on the days between - roughly 5 days

It may well run like clockwork and be put in place a lot quicker, we'll have to see how things go.
Really looking forward to seeing the arch being erected and that will be an early christmas present to us all.
What can we expect in the early part of the new year when you have all returned from a well deserved xmas break.
Will it be the North And West Stand steel erection,the terracing to the South Stand or will you be starting the East Stanad roof?

Sorry to ask but just curious.:thumbsup:

Really looking forward to seeing the arch being erected and that will be an early christmas present to us all.
What can we expect in the early part of the new year when you have all returned from a well deserved xmas break.
Will it be the North And West Stand steel erection,the terracing to the South Stand or will you be starting the East Stanad roof?

Sorry to ask but just curious.:thumbsup:

The main focus will be on the basement area and foundations for the West Stand as steel erecting is programmed for February.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here