Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Next week (weather depending) - the steel arch is being painted on the pitch area whilst the North East 'Dogs Head' is being completed.

Will the concrete be cured enough by then? I seem to recall you saying that it needs to have cured for 2 weeks before any load is applied to it? Thanks for the new set of pictures BTW.:thumbsup:

Good to meet you in The Sportsman last week.

Will the concrete be cured enough by then? I seem to recall you saying that it needs to have cured for 2 weeks before any load is applied to it? Thanks for the new set of pictures BTW.:thumbsup:

Good to meet you in The Sportsman last week.

We've recently tested some C80N concrete that reaches way past the required design strength in 3 days.

You may want to see me more often at Albion games as I've got a 100% win record in the 3 games seen so far - mines a lager next time :thumbsup:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
...in that case we should set up a fund, so that you can go to all of them...

What's he ever done to you to deserve that?

For any Dog's head enthusiasts I thought I'd complete the set and put up these latest progress pics of NE Wall (the timber shutters will soon be placed which will cover things up). Third photograph is the soon to be installed 'Birthday Cake' bolt arrangement with 'Biscuit Tin' void former in the middle - Also, for comparison, the finished article at the SE corner.

NE Dogs head 5.jpg

NE Dogs head 6.jpg

birthday cake NE.jpg

SE Dogs head 1.jpg

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Bloody superb pictures NJ-thanks. I think you guys need a new spirit level though-in that last pic things look well pissed...:smile:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
What's with all the weird names too-Biscuit Tin, Birthday Cake, Dog's Head? Where did all that come from?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
thanks again NJ

when is the arch likely to actually go up? Next week?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
How is the excavation of the chalk/soil around the west stand going? I imagine once that area is clear construction can really kick on...?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
So what is that little sticky out bit for (tongue?). It doesn't look very straight but clearly a lot of work has gone in to having it at that angle!

SkidBr

Aug 21, 2009
Thanks for all the great pics of the dog heads NJ.
Is there any adjustment available in the arch though, so that when the last section is offered up it fits and isnt a bit too long or short?

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
There's lots of barriers and safety signs gone up in the foreground this morning. Are they opening up some kind of viewing area?

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
For any Dog's head enthusiasts I thought I'd complete the set and put up these latest progress pics of NE Wall (the timber shutters will soon be placed which will cover things up). Third photograph is the soon to be installed 'Birthday Cake' bolt arrangement with 'Biscuit Tin' void former in the middle - Also, for comparison, the finished article at the SE corner.

Brilliant pics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here