Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prem manager for Southampton?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The Echo comments make hilarious reading - well worth a look :)

The unfortunate truth is that Adkins will probably get the job but both the Scunthorpe and Bournemouth chairman have made Southampton look both arrogant and stupid (not hard I know with that prat Cortese at the helm). Why oh why do I get the feeling that it will all end in tears and they will be going bust again within the next two years.

johnny jigsaw

"My life's in pieces"
Whatever your views on Southampton as a club, the manager's job there should be a really peachy one - good ground, good squad, plenty of cashola to spend, large crowds, lots potential for success at this level. But I get the feeling that there's something badly, badly wrong behind the scenes. That Cortese is a prize arse. Adkins would be wise to stay where he is truly valued. As for Martin O'Neill? More likely to get Neill O'Martin.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Whatever your views on Southampton as a club, the manager's job there should be a really peachy one - good ground, good squad, plenty of cashola to spend, large crowds, lots potential for success at this level. But I get the feeling that there's something badly, badly wrong behind the scenes. That Cortese is a prize arse. Adkins would be wise to stay where he is truly valued. As for Martin O'Neill? More likely to get Neill O'Martin.

That's what makes the whole thing so HILARIO

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yet another QUALLA addition to this wonderful language of ours. It has been a BUMPER week with this and CLATTER making an entrance.

:thumbsup:
:thumbsup: It's been a VINTAGE week with Chesney Christ and Meade's Ball both in a rich vein of form. :clap:

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
That's what makes the whole thing so HILARIO

f*** nose whats going on. Bournemouth reckon Howe turned down the job. Well why the f*** go for the interview then?? The last time we stole a manager from a smaller neighbour, it went Pete Tong so Im relieved.

I'm gonna bury my head in the sand until a new manager is announced. And to be honest I would prefer Brown to Atkins or Howe.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
f*** nose whats going on. Bournemouth reckon Howe turned down the job. Well why the f*** go for the interview then?? The last time we stole a manager from a smaller neighbour, it went Pete Tong so Im relieved.

I'm gonna bury my head in the sand until a new manager is announced. And to be honest I would prefer Brown to Atkins or Howe.

howe probably went for the interview before realising what utter plebs he might end up working for. im sure its not the first time it happened - pwerson applies for job, goes to interview, gets a feeling that there is something wrong, turns it down

i think phil brown would be perfect for southampton. he was treated pretty poorly by hull and deserves a chance to rebuild his reputation

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Bournemouth reckon Howe turned down the job. Well why the f*** go for the interview then??

to find out whats on offer, what the job is about, meet those you'd work for... you know the same as in any other job interview. its a two way process, you might find out some of the details arent quite what your agent/contact told you.

though you should be rather worried if people are turning the job down given the funds and facilities. clearly somthing not right.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

:facepalm:

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Dear oh dear, could Southampton make themselves look any more incompetent if they tried? Who is this clown Cortese? :laugh:

Whoever ends up as manager is going to wonder if he was their first choice seeing as how at least 2 people have already been offered the job and one has point blank turned it down. How embarrassing that a club the size and draw of Southampton get turned down by the manager of pisspot Bournemouth :facepalm:

Southampton FC the newly appointed laughing stock of the football league. Newcastle fans everywhere are relieved of that burden.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
...I would prefer Brown to Atkins or Howe.

It's Adkins. Down here in the lower depths of despair, we try and get each others names right. At least for a potential manager.

Before Poyet, I was hoping for Wagner. He seems to get his young gents singing from the same song sheet.

Feb 14, 2010
Loud, well there are all sorts of times, funny is better.. "Your pissed in the Brian Clough Stand" at Forest raised a laugh... r the Hovis advert tune at huddersfield really got on their nerves, which as a result was funny but the best "Peter Beales" to the west ham fans with peter beale like hats on at Upton Park in the 90s was just genius. it made em sit down and shut up, not the song itself more the 3000 or so Albion laughing at them afterwards.. lost 2-1 gatting 30 yard own goal - lobbed Kaga goo goo Keeley in our goal

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Loud, well there are all sorts of times, funny is better.. "Your pissed in the Brian Clough Stand" at Forest raised a laugh... r the Hovis advert tune at huddersfield really got on their nerves, which as a result was funny but the best "Peter Beales" to the west ham fans with peter beale like hats on at Upton Park in the 90s was just genius. it made em sit down and shut up, not the song itself more the 3000 or so Albion laughing at them afterwards.. lost 2-1 gatting 30 yard own goal - lobbed Kaga goo goo Keeley in our goal

What. The. Hell. ?

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
A lot of people are saying that whoever gets the job will have a mare working with NC.

You have to remember though that until AP fell out with NC (probably after trying it on with someones wife) AP was actually doing pretty well. Won a trophy and got on the brink of the play offs. Dont forget we started last season with NO team as well as the points deduction.

Any manager that's not up his own arse and not a general **** like AP, would do pretty well here. Brown could easily get us promoted.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here