Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Still keeping the faith with Potter?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Norwich, Bournemouth, Watford, Burnley, Palace, Newcastle, and Sheffield Utd have scored less goals than us.

There must be a lot of teams getting relegated this season.

Many are conceding less as we are neither proficient at scoring nor keeping a clean sheet and the two do not mix if relegation is to be avoided..,

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
We are in the thick of it right now and will remain so. We have been treading water just above the relegation zone for long parts of this season. Potter's style has flaws but that is generally overlooked due to the way we play. I think we will be ok this season though but it will be tight like last season.
I personally think any manager would have been an improvement over Hughton in attacking threat.
If somebody asked me would i get rid of him i would probably say yes. I don't believe he can deliver top 10 finish with his style. Recruitment has been dreadful also which has already been pointed out.
Everytime we win a game we don't bother to win again for weeks which is so frustrating.

You’d get rid of Potter now... you wouldn’t even give the bloke a season?

You make some decent points, but you can’t really judge a manager after half a season. Regardless of team or league.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

You make some decent points, but you can’t really judge a manager after half a season. Regardless of team or league.
Oh I don't know. Hyypia?

Not time to be thinking of ditching Potter though.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

I believe Watford have had 3 managers already this season. Bit of a myth about giving managers time. Of course it's a big gamble.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Norwich, Bournemouth, Watford, Burnley, Palace, Newcastle, and Sheffield Utd have scored less goals than us.

There must be a lot of teams getting relegated this season.
Many are conceding less as we are neither proficient at scoring nor keeping a clean sheet and the two do not mix if relegation is to be avoided..,
Well, no.

Of the teams mentioned, Norwich, Bournemouth, Watford, Burnley and Newcastle are conceding more as well as scoring less.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I think that we are the only team to have played all of the traditional big six (Liverpool, Man City, Man United, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal) away from home already this season. Although our away form is not great, we have easier away games to come. We are second to Tottenham in the table showing the difference in strength between the teams faced and the teams to left face in the run in: https://www.soccerstats.com/table.asp?league=england&tid=10

The concern with this stat for me means we have all the hard games left to play at home where historically we have needed to pick up the points to stay up.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
We are in the thick of it right now and will remain so. We have been treading water just above the relegation zone for long parts of this season. Potter's style has flaws but that is generally overlooked due to the way we play. I think we will be ok this season though but it will be tight like last season.
I personally think any manager would have been an improvement over Hughton in attacking threat.
If somebody asked me would i get rid of him i would probably say yes. I don't believe he can deliver top 10 finish with his style. Recruitment has been dreadful also which has already been pointed out.
Everytime we win a game we don't bother to win again for weeks which is so frustrating.

That is just astonishing. You'd get rid of someone who has us in a similar position to last year, while playing way better football and building a project and a style of play, 5 months in to the season? And replace him with who?

What are you expecting, Champions League qualification?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The concern with this stat for me means we have all the hard games left to play at home where historically we have needed to pick up the points to stay up.
We've played two of those home games against the big 6 already - and got 4 points from them!

.. and although we might not win, we have no reason to sear United or Arsenal at the Amex these days.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes Bernardo is streets ahead of Burn (who did well), but there is a complete difference of ability both offensively and defensively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have agreed with you hands down at the beginning of the season, but since Dan Burn took that left wing back role he has made it his own, and is for my money, one of our stand out players of the season so far.

If he was fit, l would have him in the team in a heartbeat.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would have agreed with you hands down at the beginning of the season, but since Dan Burn took that left wing back role he has made it his own, and is for my money, one of our stand out players of the season so far.

I would play Dunk as the right sided CB instead of Webster and Burn as the left but stick with Bernardo at left back who is streets ahead of Burn as a full back. Burn started the season well but has dropped off drastically recently. Webster on the other hand has never reached great heights in his defending.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Think we’re a million miles apart on that one [emoji2].

However, not disagreeing that he hasn’t played well, and particularly early on, though even then he had some ‘moments’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
That would make interesting reading, I think someone even posted a league on here for results against the same fixtures from last season? Can anyone update it?

I have a spreadsheet and keeping track with the intent of finding out how to make it look pretty at the end of the season. As of right now its not viewer friendly at all. Lol.

phoenix

May 18, 2009

Ah yes, I think you are describing goal difference here. Now if you look at the Prem table you will see

Brighton have the best goal difference from 11 th place down with -5 . :ohmy:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
On points our away form might not look much of an improvement. But think of Newcastle & Palace - when did we dominate games away from home like that in the last two seasons? The fact that our home games include big teams may mean that our 'traditional' place to win points might be harder, but I think we'll pick up far more points away than many predict.

Hopefully at Bramall Lane, as I've just got a ticket....!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We've played two of those home games against the big 6 already - and got 4 points from them!

.. and although we might not win, we have no reason to sear United or Arsenal at the Amex these days.

Great stats. Only 4 big 6 games to go and all at home! We will climb the table in my opinion and have the games to do so. Let’s Cole back to this after the next 6 games - I bet we’re all but safe!

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

utter fu ckin clown :jester::jester::jester:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::hilton::hilton::hilton::dunce::dunce::dunce::moo::moo::moo::ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr:

you have no idea about football, stop humiliating yourself you desperate monkey

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here