Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Jack superb details yet again.you going to a game pre spurs ?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Possibly Haringey Borough v Hornchurch, but if my mate can't be bothered then I probably won't can't really seem to find a pub near the ground that takes away fans, so that might be the factor.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Possibly Haringey Borough v Hornchurch, but if my mate can't be bothered then I probably won't can't really seem to find a pub near the ground that takes away fans, so that might be the factor.

A rowdy lot the Hornchurch Ultras are they? lol. Us travelling YMCA fans never have that problem in pubs, then again you can probably count us all on the fingers of one hand. :D

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
No, you're right, they can't go up, again, due to the ground. If you want to groundshare, to go up, you have to groundshare in the season you get promoted, as well as the following one. So alas not local Derby, but Arundel should retain Div 1 status.

that's a shame, I've swung by a couple of their games using the excuse of taking my son to the nearby playground

half decent crowds (possibly helped by the fact that it's free)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
that's a shame, I've swung by a couple of their games using the excuse of taking my son to the nearby playground

half decent crowds (possibly helped by the fact that it's free)

..... and the Social Club's open!

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
It's all getting a bit messy now. In the meantime, big top of the table clash with Saltdean at The Sportsfield tomorrow....

View attachment 144431

Still no nearer knowing whether Littlehampton will be playing in the FA Vase 5th Round next weekend.

Capture.PNG

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/littlehamptontown/news/buildbase-fa-vase-fifth-round-update-2680161.html

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Still no nearer knowing whether Littlehampton will be playing in the FA Vase 5th Round next weekend.

View attachment 144682

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/littlehamptontown/news/buildbase-fa-vase-fifth-round-update-2680161.html

Although, reading this in the local rag, I'm not sure the result will be much different to the game at Newham if we do end up playing Brockenhurst....

“It’s frustrating that we will be missing Tom Biggs, Ryan Peake and George Gaskin through suspension, and we’ve had a setback with Joe Benn as well." Fifty-goal Benn dislocated his shoulder in the Newham game and is unlikely to play again for a month or so.

That's their best four players :(

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Another decent crowd of 1129 watched Worthing 6-0 Wingate & Finchley. Ollie Pearce with another hat-trick to move to 30 league goals for the season

Lewes 3-2 East Thurrock
Bowers & Pitsea1-4 Enfield
Folkestone 1-1 Carshalton

Last edited:

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Crucial 3-1 win for Littlehampton at home to Peacehaven, taking The Marigolds 7 points clear at the top of the SCFL Prem. Not a great deal between the sides, little bit of extra quality in the final third for the home side was the difference. Young left back on loan from Worthing (Kyle O'Brien) looks a decent prospect. Quite a few new faces around the squad at present, as injuries and suspensions continue to take their toll. Couple of big cup games against tough opposition to enjoy next, at home to Brockenhurst (Vase) and Chichester City (RUR Cup). Joe Benn an unused substitute today, maybe he's closer to a return than we had been led to believe....

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Another decent crowd of 1129 watched Worthing 6-0 Wingate & Finchley. Ollie Pearce with another hat-trick to move to 30 league goals for the season

Lewes 3-2 East Thurrock
Bowers & Pitsea1-4 Enfield
Folkestone 1-1 Carshalton

I was also at Woodside. As poor as Wingate were they could have gone ahead in the opening minutes. Their day summed up as their 9 lashed his shot out for a throw in from a tight angle!
After that it was one way traffic. Fine team goal to break the deadlock, Callum Kealy with the finish.
Ollie made it 2 which it remained till half time.

Second half goal from Racine, Pattenden and 2 more for Ollie completed the rout.

Welcome midweek off before a crucial run of games including Stortford away, Kingstonian and Enfield at home before the end of the month.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Crucial 3-1 win for Littlehampton at home to Peacehaven, taking The Marigolds 7 points clear at the top of the SCFL Prem. Not a great deal between the sides, little bit of extra quality in the final third for the home side was the difference. Young left back on loan from Worthing (Kyle O'Brien) looks a decent prospect. Quite a few new faces around the squad at present, as injuries and suspensions continue to take their toll. Couple of big cup games against tough opposition to enjoy next, at home to Brockenhurst (Vase) and Chichester City (RUR Cup). Joe Benn an unused substitute today, maybe he's closer to a return than we had been led to believe....

Seen Kyle play a few times for Worthing U18s and the occasional run out for the first team.
Very good prospect who likes to get forward when he can. Hinsh rates him very highly.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Very windy game at the Dripping Pan. No real football for 30 mins then two excellent Lewes goals. Second half worse, with a goal out of nothing for Eat Thurrock with half hour to go. Another half hour of nothingness followed by an 89th minute goal for Lewes immediately followed by a penalty that was soft by LaLiga standards. In the end 3-2 to Lewes which sounds a lot better than it was to watch

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
Very windy game at the Dripping Pan. No real football for 30 mins then two excellent Lewes goals. Second half worse, with a goal out of nothing for Eat Thurrock with half hour to go. Another half hour of nothingness followed by an 89th minute goal for Lewes immediately followed by a penalty that was soft by LaLiga standards. In the end 3-2 to Lewes which sounds a lot better than it was to watch

Yes, rather cold too. Chicken and mushroom pie and cup of tea was better than much of the football. Crowd 808, ref gave a very soft pen and the north side linesman didn't have a clue. East Thurrock were poor in places and lucky in others. Think they'll struggle to avoid relegation as they have a run of games :- Hornchurch, Carlshalton, Folkestone, Enfield, Worthing and Kingstonian. They're in for a right battering.

Very happy for Lewes to pick up all 3 points today and keep in the chasing pack. Role on 5th March Rooks v Rebels at the Pan Siro, should see crowd over 1500.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Yes, rather cold too. Chicken and mushroom pie and cup of tea was better than much of the football. Crowd 808, ref gave a very soft pen and the north side linesman didn't have a clue. East Thurrock were poor in places and lucky in others. Think they'll struggle to avoid relegation as they have a run of games :- Hornchurch, Carlshalton, Folkestone, Enfield, Worthing and Kingstonian. They're in for a right battering.

Very happy for Lewes to pick up all 3 points today and keep in the chasing pack. Role on 5th March Rooks v Rebels at the Pan Siro, should see crowd over 1500.
First two Lewes goals were lovely, shame they didn't turn up in the second half. Really clung on for a time there and will be delighted with the 3 points.

I enjoyed the East Thurrock assistant kicking off. Also notable was Casey Petitt's parents hurling abuse at the Lewes bench when he nabbed the third. Seems they're somewhat nonplussed about their precious boy languishing on the bench.

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
First two Lewes goals were lovely, shame they didn't turn up in the second half. Really clung on for a time there and will be delighted with the 3 points.

I enjoyed the East Thurrock assistant kicking off. Also notable was Casey Petitt's parents hurling abuse at the Lewes bench when he nabbed the third. Seems they're somewhat nonplussed about their precious boy languishing on the bench.

I'd forgotten about the East Thurrock Assistant kicking off, it was hilarious and yes the first two Lewes goals were glorious. I missed Casey's parents, but will look out for this next time he's on the bench.

Will definitely wear thermals and a warmer coat next time, although I think next Lewes game clashes with Burnley so I'll be at Amex on my nice padded seat!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Got the quaint Selsey FC ticked off today, watched Chichester & Selsey Ladies take on Plymouth Argyle, there was a small contingent of Plymouth Supporters, long way to travel!

41EEA791-B270-4312-8415-C85BE97A6DA4.jpeg

C30EF5FE-8C75-49BE-A971-8C2D0836ACAC.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here