Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Littlehampton v North Shields will be an all ticket affair with capacity capped at 1500. Game will also be segregated with Shields given the area behind the east goal.
Club have stated that these restrictions will be in place owing to the actions of a minority in the previous round.
https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/littlehamptontown/news/update-on-our-north-shields-game-2683721.html

Inevitable, really (the limited capacity and segregation). The higher profile these games become, the less likely you are to get away with the sort of fan behaviour which we saw during and after the Brockenhurst game.

I said a few weeks back (post #1651) that this might be on the cards; real shame as they could easily have attracted 2,000+ for the Shields game.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Crowds have really grown at The Sportsfield because of their league form and Cup run.
Watched them a few times this season when I'm not following Worthing, few of the games I attended the attendance was between 150 and 250.
1500 limit for the Vase is a massive increase. Just need everyone who does attend on the 12th to behave, I'm sure the club are being closely watched now by the FA and the last thing they want is sanctions/fines for misbehaviour amongst the crowd.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Arrived at Stortford at 130pm with the referee in the process of performing a pitch inspection.
Puddles all across one end of the pitch, sand scattered everywhere and one poor soul undertaking the rather pointless task of forking the pitch to try and improve drainage. Unsurprisingly game postponed.
Was told pitch was playable at midday only for the forecast rain to appear.
Not a chance the game would ever take place, should have been called off yesterday or this morning.
See plenty of tales of sides travelling to games today, battling through traffic and poor driving conditions, only for games to be cancelled an hour before kick off.
Protocols need to be changed at this level. Clubs should be able to assess their pitches the day before, look at the forecasted weather and make an informed decision in agreement with their opponents. A few photos/video of the surface sent to a league official and local referee who can give advice and make an early decision can't be that hard to organise.

Rock Lobster

Dec 2, 2010
Hastings
Watched Hastings beat Phoenix Sports yesterday, was a poor game up until Phoenix taking the lead, which woke Hastings up big time who dominated until the final whistle, scoring three in the process.
A crowd of 734 in those conditions at that level is bloody impressive, the missus got home from work about 3ish and sent me one simple message, "You're mad".

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Ticket news, amongst other things, for anyone who is interested in Littlehampton's FA Vase match:

https://www.sussexexpress.co.uk/sport/football/littlehampton-town-issue-crowd-warning-after-threat-of-losing-home-advantage-in-fa-vase-3580845

I'll be at the battle of the Benns tomorrow evening

Capture 4.PNG

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Mile Oak 0 - 4 Littlehampton

Yeah, it wasn't much of a contest to be honest. Oak defended well for long periods, but Littlehampton barely got out of first gear to set up a local derby agsinst Wick in the semi final. Crowd of 216, which is probably the most that have been in that ground for quite some time. At least they stopped Joe Benn from scoring!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah, it wasn't much of a contest to be honest. Oak defended well for long periods, but Littlehampton barely got out of first gear to set up a local derby agsinst Wick in the semi final. Crowd of 216, which is probably the most that have been in that ground for quite some time. At least they stopped Joe Benn from scoring!

That’s every round of this competition I’ve somehow ended up watching, sad mile oak bowed out, was enjoying their little run, especially after their first game called off at 5-0 down at half time. Someone tonight thought I was a member of staff at Mile Oak with my orange jacket and hat, purely a coincidence!

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Quiet week this week with the Brighton mainline closed, done some bizarre little grounds recently, Barkingside, Kings Langley, but did Arundel last night, I’m told it’s got a much better view in the day. Got fisher FC and British Airways FC next week, two new ticks.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Nice goal!

[tweet]1496747819352432642[/tweet]

Highlights up on YouTube already:

https://youtu.be/DORzepzdVv8

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Worthing dominated Enfield 3-0 in front of 1532 at Woodside Road this afternoon

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Worthing dominated Enfield 3-0 in front of 1532 at Woodside Road this afternoon

Newcastle away too expensive for me so going to Lewes v Worthing next Saturday and I reckon it will be just as much fun.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Newcastle away too expensive for me so going to Lewes v Worthing next Saturday and I reckon it will be just as much fun.

Likewise, I’ll be making a trip to the Dripping Pan next week. My first Worthing away game, very nice of a Sussex Derby to tie in with my birthday so I can drag along a load of mates who’ve never been to a non-league game. :drink:

Worthing in a really strong position now, 8 points clear of 2nd with a game in hand and now 11 points clear of Enfield in third (with a game in hand again). It’s probably a three horse race now between Worthing, Bishop’s Stortford and Hornchurch; who have a game in hand of Worthing and who appear to be flying currently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here