Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Pompey fold? (merged threads)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If any of you are gamblers you can get 10/1 on Pompey getting relegated.

Think I saw earlier there's some guy needing a Chesterfield win tonight to score £850,000 in an accumulator bet.

(probably Redknapp, via a secret offshore account in the name of his wife's pet Vietnamese pot-bellied pig, Bernard)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It must be quite depressing for the decent Pompey fans (I'm quite convinced there must be one or two somewhere) that, every time a lazy journalist wants an opinion on anything Pompey related, or a fans-eye match preview, or a photograph, they rush straight to the King of the Bell End, as though he speaks for all of them.

Is this not the same for all clubs? For many years the tv and radio have quoted 1 fan on anything Brighton and I have never asked or expected her to give a view on my behalf.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Hopefully we'll see the twats get a good thumping when Late Kick Off returns tonight.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is this not the same for all clubs? For many years the tv and radio have quoted 1 fan on anything Brighton and I have never asked or expected her to give a view on my behalf.

Firstly I don't think that is true, as I've seen Attila, Paul Samrah, Brett Mendoza and others quoted on numerous occasions.

And in Liz's case- I assume you mean her- she is part of the Supporters' Club, which would be an obvious (if perhaps misguided) place to go to canvas the opinions of Albion fans. The club would probably put them in touch with her if they asked.

Westwood is not part of any official group, he's just designated by every single media outlet as the representation of all Pompey fans. Ask fans of any other club who Liz Costa is- they won't have a clue. Ask them who John Westwood is and I bet there's a decent chance you'd get many replies of "He's that plank with the bell & the hat, right?".

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps it is more to do with the media being lazy. In the past when we have signed players her view has been asked and that is it only 1 persons view not a consensus of general opinion and this has happened on many aspects.about the club.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here