Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

stadium shock

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
It will be fine we will just have to make do with what there is....this looks like a friendly boozer, i'm sure the landlord will be looking forward to may 2011!

Attachments

• z.bmp
    621.8 KB · Views: 1,598

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
but there will be 10 or so other well kitted out bars inside the ground which will be open 2 hours before, and 2 hours after the game

And shelves, don't forget the shelves!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
its official no fans bar! stuck in the arse end of brighton and no social facilities other than pie and beer in an underground car park! well done stadium designers! no shocks there then:falmer::wozza::wozza:::

What ARE you blithering on about ?
I'll take your :wozza: and raise you a :facepalm:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What's the difference between a supporters bar and just a normal bar in the stadium?

i think (though stand to be corrected) the idea is a bar with more pub like surroundings and serving better fare than the lager in a thin plastic cup under a concreate and iron work roof. somewhere for the quiche to meet up and chat some time before the game, rather than a place to neck a 4th/5th beer at 2:50pm.

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
i think (though stand to be corrected) the idea is a bar with more pub like surroundings and serving better fare than the lager in a thin plastic cup under a concreate and iron work roof. somewhere for the quiche to meet up and chat some time before the game, rather than a place to neck a 4th/5th beer at 2:50pm.

No, no, no!! Off to the theatre for you!! The 2.50pm option is how it's done..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Apols to Rev, I think I misunderstood the original post and initially took it as being NO bar facilities at the stadium. This threw me into a state of blind panic and denial.

:facepalm: back at me

:blush:

its official no fans bar! stuck in the arse end of brighton and no social facilities other than pie and beer in an underground car park! well done stadium designers! no shocks there then:falmer::wozza::wozza:::

Where did you read/hear that then?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
No supporters bar?, no Harveys and crackling log fire?, no hearty hello from a rosy cheeked publican?..no Sussex Bar Billiards? no Morris Dancing???...TLO and LB will probably go catatonic when they hear.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I think the thing that should be the most worrying is the pricing. The club need to ensure the company appointed do not take the micky out of supporters by charging stupid amounts for a pint

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
'Oh it's all over the front page,,,,,,,,'

'Oh baby it's cold outside.....'

No mate, I was thinking more they would get shagged by some soap actor in the Australian Jungle with Ant and Dec watching.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
...well there's a shock. So it'll be Carlsberg's all round on matchdays then!!

Still, Lord B kept piping on about how it was essential it was to have a bar after the game, because the trains will be a shambles. Marvellous.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Although it's a lovely thought that we would have some sort of supporters bar, resembling that of Torquay, where we can drink, eat and chat in the best of both Worlds ... a pub and already at the ground, the location always made this unlikely.

It works when it's in an area where it can pull in trade all week long, but considering it virtually Moulescombe, then unless it was going to double as a student union bar the rest of the week ...... hang on, why aren't we doing exactly that?

Colbourne Kid

Sep 19, 2003
So that will be ignoring the bar being put into the North Stand cunningly called the Supporters' Bar and the concourse bars with a requirement of the brewer to supply a real ale and/or guest beers and the two Executive Club bars and the six other hospitality bars and the fact that bars will be open in the concourses after the game and that the concourses will be as far away from "lager in a thin plastic cup under a concreate (sic) and iron work roof" as you could imagine. Apart from that not a bad thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here