stadium shock

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Closer inspection suggests there are two bars at Sussex, and one "nightclub".

I think the other one was unprofitable because people just chose to drink in town instead - there aren't many Brighton University halls at Falmer.

I suppose they might have a change of heart...but I doubt it.

In my day there were 5 or 6 bars here on campus, shame they've all closed - I used to be part of the furniture in the Grapevine.

From what I've read too, football supporters will not be allowed in the uni bars.

Oct 25, 2003
if i wanna drink i'll drink in the brighton station area, maybe buy a few TINS for the train journey and that's me sorted

pretty sure i read on the 'ask the project team' thingy that there WILL be extra trains....if i have to wait a while for one then so be it......can't see it being a major problemo

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
In my day there were 5 or 6 bars here on campus, shame they've all closed - I used to be part of the furniture in the Grapevine.

From what I've read too, football supporters will not be allowed in the uni bars.

That's what I though, got Falmer, East Slope, the Arts centre, Grapevine, a few more that I can't remember the name of and the 'club'. Can't see fans being allowed anywhere them neither

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Went to see the Boston Celtics NBA team a while back, excellent selection of food and beverages, went to a texmex kiosk for nacho's and chilli and an italian for a pint of peroni - all available on the main concourse. :clap:

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
That's what I though, got Falmer, East Slope, the Arts centre, Grapevine, a few more that I can't remember the name of and the 'club'. Can't see fans being allowed anywhere them neither

was 'The Crypt' then 'The Hothouse' now 'The Cube' and you forgot the Park Village cocktail bar.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
They have real ale at Notts County, no reason why we can't.

How about this stuff from the US of A?

Attachments

• GOLDSTONE.gif
    GOLDSTONE.gif
    106.9 KB · Views: 284

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Went to see the Boston Celtics NBA team a while back, excellent selection of food and beverages, went to a texmex kiosk for nacho's and chilli and an italian for a pint of peroni - all available on the main concourse. :clap:

american sports are BRILLIANT for their selection of food and drink - when i was a bit of a regular watching toronto fc there was a SUSHI kiosk inside the stadium

the albion could do a lot worse than take a look across the pond at how to provide innovative catering

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
american sports are BRILLIANT for their selection of food and drink - when i was a bit of a regular watching toronto fc there was a SUSHI kiosk inside the stadium

the albion could do a lot worse than take a look across the pond at how to provide innovative catering

Talking to other people about it - someone said a noodle bar would be great; I don't know if a pizza parlour would be feasible.

And if they really want to keep us there for any length of time - I'd suggest kebabs.

Oct 25, 2003

it's all about the BUNCE over here isn't it, rather than actually providing a decent service

spending as little as possible and charging as much as possible

f***ing GORDON BROWN

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield

yeah, but Americans are all fat bastards

Oct 25, 2003
Talking to other people about it - someone said a noodle bar would be great; I don't know if a pizza parlour would be feasible.

And if they really want to keep us there for any length of time - I'd suggest kebabs.

get 'albion kebabs' on the job:thumbsup:

actually, don't, they're shit

pizza parlour (something like the one outside churchill square?) is a decent shout......i'd imagine it's fairly cheap to make half decent stuff

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

plenty of grounds offer pizza - exeter even had a dominos facility in the away end. admittedly, it did sell out before half time, but if they can do something like that with their stadium then there is no reason why we cant at falmer

i also hope they have a bit of a selection for those vegetarians among us - a choice between chips or ice cream can become a bit tiresome

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
At one of these Food & Drink Festival effort on Jubilee Street / New Road recently, some bloke had an entire vat of vegetables in batter, plus a gas-fired hotplate.

His vegetable fritters (f***ing enormous) at £2.00 a pop were stunning. :thumbsup:

For a sweet, you could have had banana fritters.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Id love to see Noodles, like they do at music festivals, be quite happy to pay 3-4 quid for a big box of noodles which lasts forever!

Or

A massive yorkshire with sausage and mash inside, be well up for paying £5 for that.

Beer wise i would always be drinking in town and getting the train at the last minute, i would only imagine being early to the ground at the first game at falmer the rest of the time, i wouldnt be fussed, aslong as they pump it out in those machines which poors 6 at a time so i dont have to wait long to get a beer.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What about a nice HOT PASTY stall, like the one in Churchill Square ?
I had a cheese & bacon one the other day from there, it was SUMPTUOUS

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Beer wise i would always be drinking in town and getting the train at the last minute, i would only imagine being early to the ground at the first game at falmer the rest of the time, i wouldnt be fussed, aslong as they pump it out in those machines which poors 6 at a time so i dont have to wait long to get a beer.

People still really haven't grasped the fact that 22,000 people aren't going to be able to hop on a train at the last minute, have they?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
kfc?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Agreed.

If they want us to stay behind, drink their beer, eat their food, watch their tellies in order to ease congestion at Falmer Station, having something worth drinking other than what you've mentioned is one of the things that might well be an important consideration for some, if not for many.

I don't want to drink John Smith or Carlsberg, and neither of them will keep me at the stadium after a game. I want the choice. Am I alone in that - who knows? I don't think I am. If others want to drink it - great.

We've got a blank sheet of paper, and a glorious opportunity for a football club to finally offer some decent ales. The fact that other clubs don't offer anything other than what you've listed is another issue.

Spot on. imagine celebrating a 3-0 win over The Palace with a couple of pints of John Smiths at the stadium. As long as its not that shit Harveys..........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports