Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gavin Hoyte

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I wasn't there today but Hoyte is one of the worst full backs I have seen for a long time. It's simple really - he's a defender who can't defend. It hasn't improved much since his shocking performance against Rushden & Diamonds at a rain lashed Withdean in November last year.

chinners

Aug 27, 2009
Brighton
very poor has no positional sense at all should stick to althetics

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I disagree to me he was the worst player. Each to their own though.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
He's often weak in the tackle, gets done for pace and regularly attempts passes without even looking up, resulting in a loss of possession.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
It's a shame that he is turning out to be a slighty worse version of a player who couldn't really make it at the highest level. He's timid and insecure and has trouble controlling a football. Perhaps his trip to the south coast was meant to toughen him up, but sadly his puniness has prevailed. I really don't want him on loan as a back-up to a fine right-back who i pray recovers in full and doesn't disappear when doing so to warmer climes.

JGaleBHA

On the Gus bus
Apr 24, 2010
Horsham
I watched the game today and thought he was better then he used to be, at least thats a sign of improvement, but overall I think he is awful. :glare:

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Did better in the 2nd half, but then he was playing in the furthest area of the pitch to where I was sitting!! But....

His poor decision to pass to Hendrie, who was under pressure, rather than an easy ball forward & wide to Bennett meant we lost possession, from which Brizzle broke down our left & scored. Also, where was our player covering the overlap for the cross that led to their goal?

Later in the 1st half he was left hopelessly flat footed when their left winger ran at him, again leading to another Brizzle attack.

IMHO he also missed plenty of opportunities to bring Bennett into the game in the 1st 20 minutes & didn't recover too well when he went on overlaps down the right only for the ball to go to another Albion player, leaving a gap at right back that a better team would have exploited.

Still young, but I felt it just showed the gulf between Calde and our "next best option". If we sign Calde we need some competition for that position.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I think some of these comments are based on his previous performances rather than today's.

In the first half he seemed to link up really well with Bennett and created some good moves between them.

He did put himself under pressure a few times with some poor decisions that lead to him giving away free kicks but he did ok today.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
did alright today, but everyone will say he was gash anyway, in the same way they slated Navarro at the beginning of the season simply because he was Navarro

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thought that he had a reasonably good game. He defended when needed and was able to play short balls either into the middle to Navarro or outside to Bennett and played it the way Poyet is wanting short simple balls. Wouldnt suprise me if Poyet didnt try to sign him either permanent or on a years loan next season. He will make a good back up to Inigo, if he also signs.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Absolutely shocking performance - again

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
We're not goin to sign him so why worry - when he played left back when Painter was injured he was absolute pants. At his regular right back position he's ok as cover for Caldy, so assuming he recovers from his injury before the start of next season I think we will have seen the last of Hoyte after the Yeovil game.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
I LOVE Hoyte, just because of the Wycombe game when he Kicked Pitman and then ran away. :lolol:

Oh and he's shit but was ok yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here