Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gavin Hoyte

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I can't believe Gus still uses him. the fact that he's playing league one football is unexplainable

It is quite simple really Gus knows a little about the game and rates him as the 2nd best right back on our books and also the best one who is fit so he played him. I fully expect Gus to try to buy him as back up or competition for Calderon for next season or at least get him back on a seasons loan.

Despite what many have said on here, not that they are biased but he was quite good yesterday and did all that was expected of him .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It is quite simple really Gus knows a little about the game and rates him as the 2nd best right back on our books and also the best one who is fit so he played him. I fully expect Gus to try to buy him as back up or competition for Calderon for next season or at least get him back on a seasons loan.

Despite what many have said on here, not that they are biased but he was quite good yesterday and did all that was expected of him .

:thumbsup: Are u on crack today?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just think about it why did Gus extend his loan in January when he had just signed Calderon and also had Whing, El Abd, Virgo, Tunnicliffe and Cook who have played right back.

Simple answer Gus and his team rate Hoyte.

the hitman

Jan 17, 2008
Viva Las Burgess Hill
Just think about it why did Gus extend his loan in January when he had just signed Calderon and also had Whing, El Abd, Virgo, Tunnicliffe and Cook who have played right back.

Simple answer Gus and his team rate Hoyte.

If he rated Hoyte highly he would not of got in Calderon, he was a cheap player at the time with arsenal probably paying alot of his wages, so was just another option.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3466185 said:
How is he even on Arsenal's books? A career at Barnet or Stevenage Borough beckons.

Stevenage have ambition! He's not good enough for those two.
Borehamwood or Leyton FC at the Old Hare and Hounds Ground are more likely.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Sorry, I don't agree. I thought he was our weak link yesterday. Especially in the first half.

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009

so managers cant make mistakes?its not like gus is some 70yr old master tactician.hes slowly learning that hoyte is pony and will realise that whing,cook,el-abd and even virgs are better right backs than the arsenal reject will ever be.and no he was typically shite on sat and showed why nsc rates him like piss

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
so managers cant make mistakes?its not like gus is some 70yr old master tactician.hes slowly learning that hoyte is pony and will realise that whing,cook,el-abd and even virgs are better right backs than the arsenal reject will ever be.and no he was typically shite on sat and showed why nsc rates him like piss

Get over it, he saw enough of Whing to realise he didn't want him and on Sat he was on the bench in the league below. Wenger saw enough in Hoyte to hand him a long contract and while I doubt he will make it there he is a better footballer than Whing. If he is that bad why did Poyet extend his loan deal and have him on the bench every week ready to fill in?

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Iceskating.JPG

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009
Get over it, he saw enough of Whing to realise he didn't want him and on Sat he was on the bench in the league below. Wenger saw enough in Hoyte to hand him a long contract and while I doubt he will make it there he is a better footballer than Whing. If he is that bad why did Poyet extend his loan deal and have him on the bench every week ready to fill in?

In my quote, i didnt simply say Whing is the one to come in at right back. i said cook, el -abd virgo and whing could all do a better job than hoyte which is proved more and more right as each game Hoyte plays passes. And again ,managers do make mistakes and ive yet to undestand why poyet is suddenly god seeing after turning us into mid table mediocrity. the man still has a lot to prove and simply placing your head up his arsehole won't make him a better manager. that comment means i will get slaughtered because it will be perceived as anti-gus but licking his arse after a decent half a season is not what i am about. the man is doing a good job and i hope we can continue this sort of form next season but i wont be losing perspective.

back to the original subject, hoyte is not good enough at this level and when wenger sees hoyte has been on the bench at a league one club most of the season he will notice a problem. Whing is not the answer for everyone although he is a better replacement for calderon than all the others. Cook is inexperienced, el-abd is doing well at centre back and Virgo is not a right back as proved last season.Hoyte aint good enough, get over it.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I personally wouldn't want to keep him past the end of the season but he isn't quite as bad as some people make out.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Arsenal won't be wanting him back in a hurry. He has no future there.

And the Albion won't be wanting him to stay. He has no future here.

:wave: :wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here