Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gavin Hoyte

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Poyet obviously see's something he likes and perhaps something he can work with. As Gus said, he is only young and is bound to be a bit mad positionally. I trust Gus on this, as I do everything. :thumbsup:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I wonder how many of the people slagging him off actually go to matches regularly, its now just the NSC fashion to slag him off, regardless of how he plays.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
I go to matches regularly and think he's absolute wank. I actually watched him on Saturday trying to be neutral and pick out positives but my conclusions were that he doesn't jump/challenge for headers, doesn't look comfortable with the ball at his feet (actually he looks positively terrified), doesn't get touch tight when marking a man and looks completely dissinterested the whole time.

He isn't an attacking full back even though he has pace and struggles defensively, what does he do?! Our left side fell to pieces for their goal at the weekend but Hoyte should have at least made an attempt to come across and challenge the bloke who scored, he didn't. His worst performance so far was exeter away, absolutely dire.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Poyet obviously see's something he likes and perhaps something he can work with. As Gus said, he is only young and is bound to be a bit mad positionally. I trust Gus on this, as I do everything. :thumbsup:

Behave, Gus is trying to save face, same as he's doing with Holroyd.

Fans know what they're watching.

Why on earth would you want to have blind faith in any football manager? Every single one of them has their own agenda, which primarily involves making themselves look wise and on top of things to their current employer while sending out the right message to their potential next employer. The fans will always be the last to know what any given manager's real thoughts are :shrug:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

Fans know what they're watching.

Why on earth would you want to have blind faith in any football manager? Every single one of them has their own agenda, which primarily involves making themselves look wise and on top of things to their current employer while sending out the right message to their potential next employer. The fans will always be the last to know what any given manager's real thoughts are :shrug:

He's 19 ffs, seriously, only superkids are brilliant at that age, And yes I will trust Gus, because ever since he came in I don't think he has made a single decision that I disagree with. With a bit of positional training he will become a much better player. And I believe Gus will give him that.

No point me even bothering though, NSC always has to have one scapegoat.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill

I think Holroyd is slightly different. He is a striker similar to the Forster mould (likes to get in behind defenders and is more suited to playing with a target man alongside him) but he's never going to be able to play that way in Gus' preferred formation. I really think it's a very strange signing by Poyet. Holroyd shouldn't be judged until he's been given a run of 3/4 games at least alongside Murray/Barnes/other striker to be signed.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think Holroyd is slightly different. He is a striker similar to the Forster mould (likes to get in behind defenders and is more suited to playing with a target man alongside him) but he's never going to be able to play that way in Gus' preferred formation. I really think it's a very strange signing by Poyet. Holroyd shouldn't be judged until he's been given a run of 3/4 games at least alongside Murray/Barnes/other striker to be signed.

I honestly believe Holroyd would benefit from dropping down a league. He just seems out of his depth in League One and has shown nothing for the Albion. Seems to lack a strikers hunger or instinct for where the goal is. Would love to be proved wrong, but that's just saying something nice for the sake of it. Can't see him being any use to a team with ambitions of promotion next season. Sorry, but Gus persevering with him is just Gus trying to save face. IMHO, like.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Yea I guess at this stage Gus has nothing to loose by giving him a few games but if I was Holroyd I'd be frustrated being played on the wing having being signed as a striker. Similar to Jake Robinson's situation.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am a STH and watch most matches and feel that Hoyte is the 2nd best rightback at the club and as the best is injured it is logical that he should be in the team. All the others mentionmed are not anywhere near as good as he is, playing the way that Gus wants.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here