Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton ban photographers

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
_48667099_summerfieldscorescopy.jpg

BBC News - Cartoon used after Southampton FCs photographer ban

Plymouth Argyle's winning goal against Southampton was captured on cartoon after the home side banned photographers from its grounds.

Artist Chris Robinson was hired by the Plymouth Herald newspaper to capture the League One side's 1-0 win at St Mary's stadium on Saturday.

The Southampton club restricted access to an official photographer meaning others were banned from attending.

No-one from the club was available for comment.

Dan Hardings SHOCKER for that winning goal caught for all to see - an artisis impression.
:lolol:

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
_48667099_summerfieldscorescopy.jpg

BBC News - Cartoon used after Southampton FCs photographer ban

Plymouth Argyle's winning goal against Southampton was captured on cartoon after the home side banned photographers from its grounds.

Artist Chris Robinson was hired by the Plymouth Herald newspaper to capture the League One side's 1-0 win at St Mary's stadium on Saturday.

The Southampton club restricted access to an official photographer meaning others were banned from attending.

No-one from the club was available for comment.

Dan Hardings SHOCKER for that winning goal caught for all to see - an artisis impression.
:lolol:

The Sun's match report is also worth a look http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3086603/Opposition-0-Plymouth-1.html

jayjaybhafc

Jul 24, 2010
No press photographers allowed at St Mary's this season- the club has announced only pictures syndicated by their approved agency will be allowed.

They really do get more popular by the day don't they?

You said it all here mate. Ridiculous.
Although I do have time for Plymouth Herald's novel approach:bhasign:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'd love it if we didn't let them take/have pictures from the game at Withdean! :thumbsup:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave

Technically speaking, Pompey are Skates. Soton are Scummers.
Skates is derived form a sailors fondness of making love to said fish's orifice. To be honest, not sure which orifice, but I would guess at it's gob.

Always hated Pompey, but Soton are getting into that league of hate easily. f***ing loved going down there last year & turning them over, highlight of the season for me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just how much further up their own arses can Southampton possibly get ?

Expect a humiliating climbdown with lots of backtracking well before the next home game.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't wait to see what creative imagery NSCers come up with when we play at Southampton.

Subbuteo games to illustrate tactical moves? Plasticine players on a green cardboard pitch? An HTFC World style computer graphic?

The Sun report was actually a bit of a flake-out in the end because they said they weren't going to mention SFC and then spent the first half of the article talking about them. Then they used an image from the game anyway.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
who else actually quite likes the above cartoons :lolol:

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
I can't wait to see what creative imagery NSCers come up with when we play at Southampton.

Subbuteo games to illustrate tactical moves? Plasticine players on a green cardboard pitch? An HTFC World style computer graphic?

The Sun report was actually a bit of a flake-out in the end because they said they weren't going to mention SFC and then spent the first half of the article talking about them. Then they used an image from the game anyway.

I think the pic the Sun used was one taken by a rogue Argyle photographer, apparently they sneaked one in somehow and (s)he only took pics of the Argyle players and incidents that portrayed Argyle in a positive light!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
The agency has now pulled out.

Agency rejects Southampton FC pic ban | Media | guardian.co.uk

:lolol: :lolol:

Good on 'em, especially these days when it's hard to do any sort of business. Nice to see a company making a stand for it's industry rather than making a short term gain.

I bet they sold less images than a game where the press had free access. What a mess, I will be interested how the Southampton management climb down from this.

The cartoon idea was great, they should have done one of the clubs staff saying no comment as all the stories concerning this have finished saying the club have failed to return calls.

I would be very upset if I was a Saints fan and letting the club know my thoughts, whats their next home game and I wonder if they will try and get another agency to do the dirty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here