Attachments

• bennett screamer.jpg
    bennett screamer.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 124

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Technically speaking, Pompey are Skates. Soton are Scummers.
Skates is derived form a sailors fondness of making love to said fish's orifice. To be honest, not sure which orifice, but I would guess at it's gob.

Always hated Pompey, but Soton are getting into that league of hate easily. f***ing loved going down there last year & turning them over, highlight of the season for me.

Yes my bad! I do know that, got a bit carried away with the indignation thing. Scum, and I have to live here. :flameboun

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
In todays Sun in the forthcoming fixtures and League 1 tables it has MK Dons v South Coast Team! Would you support a club with this up their own backsides attitude about the press and photographs? I bet the sponsors are happy! How many people call the stadium the Friends Provident stadium instead of St. Mary's? Will we have the same problem with The Amex or will we just call it Falmer?

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
In todays Sun in the forthcoming fixtures and League 1 tables it has MK Dons v South Coast Team! Would you support a club with this up their own backsides attitude about the press and photographs? I bet the sponsors are happy! How many people call the stadium the Friends Provident stadium instead of St. Mary's? Will we have the same problem with The Amex or will we just call it Falmer?

Nah - The Amex trips off the tongue comfortably

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
f***ing loved going down there last year & turning them over, highlight of the season for me.

I attended the match on saturday at St Marys and spoke to a STH who said he went to all the games last year and said only two teams played better than them - Norwich & Swindon.

I didn't feel brave enough to remind him of Gus's 42nd Birthday Celebrations.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Radio 4 have just done a piece on this, they managed to get a quote from Southampton at the end saying 'they had no plans to change'.

Wonder what the Bournmouth Echo will print in the morning.

Does this statement from the BBC also mean Southampton will sue Plymouth

However Plymouth Argyle decided to release its own pictures after the game, taken by its own official photographer.

Attachments

• Plymouth.jpg
    Plymouth.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 68

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Radio 4 have just done a piece on this, they managed to get a quote from Southampton at the end saying 'they had no plans to change'.

Wonder what the Bournmouth Echo will print in the morning.

Does this statement from the BBC also mean Southampton will sue Plymouth

However Plymouth Argyle decided to release its own pictures after the game, taken by its own official photographer.

They don't have any grounds to sue I don't think, as they just weren't giving our press accreditation (ie letting photographers in the official bit). The fact that a bloke who happened to be employed by Argyle is neither here nor there from a legal point of view. Hopefully they will do as the BBC quote suggests and continue to not allow ANY photographers in now the agency have jumped ship, that would be quite funny.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
According to this, the opposition's official photographer isn't subject to the ban - hence the photos from Plymouth the other day. However they sold (or gave) a picture to the Sun, which seemingly Saints aren't keen on.

Southampton FC continues photography ban | Media | guardian.co.uk

Quote in the article:

the visiting club's photographer is not subject to the ban and can take pictures for its website and programme. However, the photographer is said to have been told that the images cannot be distributed to local or national media

Or what will happen to him/her, what do the management at Southampton think they are doing, this bit is real management speak:

"The club has decided to make available to external media organisations photographic images taken by the club's own professional sports photographers only,these images will be available to all media organisations on normal commercial terms. The purpose of this is solely to protect the club's commercial revenues derived from the use of its wholly owned images."

How do they own football images does the photograher or even a player with image rights have any say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here